BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Green laning in North Yorkshire

More
16 Dec 2018 13:41 - 16 Dec 2018 13:41 #199047 by Max Headroom

Lambert wrote: And glass get moody with you for a selection of map screens, sounds like the hypocrisy there is limitless!

I mentioned earlier I might take a look at joining one of these organisations in support of the cause even though I would do minimal and very gentle off-road stuff.

However that just clinched it; I will NEVER join GLASS :angry:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 16 Dec 2018 13:41 by Max Headroom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
16 Dec 2018 18:41 #199082 by Riccy
I feel I should perhaps stand up for GLASS a bit here. I am a member of GLASS and ATUK.

GLASS (and ATUK, TRF, CALM, etc) are organizations which promote 'responsible' use of green lanes, byways and the like. There are many member benefits to be had in the way of mapping information, funding for repairs, rep interaction, group outings, etc.

Lately there has been a large increase in the sort of off-piste action which gives legal 'laners like myself, Dave and Brett a bad name. We all monitor the lanes and other users when we are out. The current crop seem keen to just have a go wherever they like. This tars our name and we often receive abuse from walkers or have our plates noted/photo'd.

GLASS and the others are there to fight for the preservation of the right to use these lanes mainly. The superb blogs Dave produces are popular, which unfortunately means the less desirable members of society find them (and then know where to go to make a mess).
The information is all still freely available from the council of the area, or through the 'definitive map' the council hold. it just takes time and effort to go and get it. Part of the fun of planning a route for me, but the morons cant be bothered with that can they?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
16 Dec 2018 19:49 #199091 by sniper
Laning is pretty new to me and I've joined GLASS, I felt it was only right to support an organisation which is fighting for my access.

No different to being a member of the RNLI if you live on the coast.

sniper

• paradox1001
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2018 12:46 #199145 by paradox1001
Replied by paradox1001 on topic Re:Green laning in North Yorkshire
I bought that 4x4 magazine today
Unfortunately it only shows one route and it’s not for novice drivers.

More
19 Dec 2018 13:43 #199183 by ahtr

paradox1001 wrote: I bought that 4x4 magazine today
Unfortunately it only shows one route and it’s not for novice drivers.

I know it's not North Yorkshire, but I'd be happy to lead a day out 'laning starting near Macclesfield that could be driven in a standard Jimny.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds