BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Had a new clutch fitted or still original? Poll on clutch quality

More
12 Nov 2018 11:42 - 12 Nov 2018 11:53 #197604 by Scimike
I have been reading with interest the thread on vibration between 1800 -2300 rpm that some have reported after having clutch / gearbox work done.
The conclusion appears to be that to some extent the Jimny "they all do that" and fitting of a none Suzuki clutch compounds the problem..

Well in my experience they don't "all do that" as my Jimny on its original Suzuki Clutch is chassis based vibration free, other than rattles withing the car as the revs rise. As eventually my clutch will need changing its made wounder if aftermarket clutch components are responsible for this vibration or are other factors at play?

So a simple poll to see if you have experienced vibration issues after fitting a clutch or if your car has issues from the factory. I want to hear from you especially if you have had no problems at all..

I need to know car age, standard or modified (no details on mods at this time), clutch type if known and if you have or have not had vibration issues. To get it rolling my info would read:-

2009 JLX VVT
Standard
Suzuki Clutch
No vibration

It may be a known thing (but not to me) that Lux, Blueprint etc cause vibration, or its just a few that have issues, but would be interesting to know and have a wiki if its a real problem.

Any feedback?
If you want to read the thread that got me thinking see :-
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...ion-1800-to-2200-rpm

Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 11:53 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2018 13:29 - 12 Nov 2018 22:33 #197608 by Max Headroom
2006 VVT Convertible
Standard
MR CLUTCH - fitted <2k miles ago
No vibration - very smooth
(Had increasing judder begin some months prior to changing clutch though)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 22:33 by Max Headroom.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Nov 2018 15:58 #197609 by Lambert
Original clutch 85000 plus miles, unmodified mechanically. She's as smooth as a smooth thing that just won the award for being smooth against some very smooth competition.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• muto
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2018 18:07 - 12 Nov 2018 18:08 #197610 by muto
2006 JX VVT
Standard
Suzuki Clutch
Clutch shakes when starting with first gear. It's pretty worn anyway. Around 172000miles, original clutch. No problems while moving.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 18:08 by muto.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Nov 2018 18:44 #197611 by Riccy
2007 VVT 1.6
modified everything
Standard excedy clutch
Clutch been in for nearly 2 years (approx 10k miles). getting worn. slips sometimes if I forget its in 4x4 and hill start, but no vibrations or shudder. Would buy another excedy, but maybe the safari-tuff one.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
12 Nov 2018 21:16 #197618 by Delux
Year 2000 Standard other that suspension bushes.
Unknown new clutch fitted at a local garage a year before I got it. No noticable shudder now but when I 1st got it, it had a loud metallic drone about 2500rpm, caused by a split one of these...
www.bigjimny.com/store/rear-engine-mount-gearbox-mount.html

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux

More
12 Nov 2018 22:22 #197622 by theoldseacaptain
2006 JLX VVT
Standard 87,000 mls
Replacement Exedy Clutch @86,000
No vibration before or after

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds