BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

A snorkel happened

More
24 Oct 2018 07:45 #196997 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic A snorkel happened

yakuza wrote: The rest gets cold(er) air into their engines though, and yes it can look good.
Especially this shorter one looks good.

You're not going to see a big enough difference in temperature to gain any performance. The perception of snorkels making more power comes from the increased induction noise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2018 11:55 #197000 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic A snorkel happened

yakuza wrote: As he says, by not bothering to drill the panel at all. No holes.
My estimate is that max 5% of snorkel fitted cars gets water over the door handles.

The rest gets cold(er) air into their engines though, and yes it can look good.
Especially this shorter one looks good.

Maybe it's just me. But explain to me how you're gonna avoid making the 3" hole required to connect the snorkel to the airfilter box. One way or the other, you need access to the filterbox.

More
24 Oct 2018 17:13 #197003 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic A snorkel happened
You misunderstand me Tom. I'm talking about when people just want the snorkel to look cool. If you don't require the snorkel to work, you don't need to connect it to the air box and therefore do not need any holes.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2018 17:18 - 24 Oct 2018 17:20 #197004 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic A snorkel happened
Ohh sorry.. That way.

Like the fake Winch fairlead with magnet, short piece of rope and hook.. Easily attached to a metal bumper :D

www.roughcountry.com/insta-winch/
Last edit: 24 Oct 2018 17:20 by TomDK.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Oct 2018 17:38 #197005 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic A snorkel happened

TomDK wrote: Ohh sorry.. That way.

Like the fake Winch fairlead with magnet, short piece of rope and hook.. Easily attached to a metal bumper :D

www.roughcountry.com/insta-winch/

That stupid thing is the reason i wont have anything to do with rough country :laugh: I used to have one of their steering dampers. Binned off for one of Daves nice terrafirma ones now :-) much better!

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• NineCherries
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Nov 2018 13:52 #197276 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic A snorkel happened
Hahahaha just clicked the link to the insta winch! If I was to fit a winch is at least like it to be usable :D that’s so bad it’s funny.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds