Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

Roof lights

More
11 Oct 2018 20:55 #196676 by Mole
Roof lights was created by Mole
As in the title was thinking of put some lights across the roof where would the best place be to run the cable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2018 22:29 #196684 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Roof lights
Loose the original antenna and there you have it. . Replace with a center rear antenna.

2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
11 Oct 2018 23:21 #196687 by Jjbradshaw1
Replied by Jjbradshaw1 on topic Roof lights
I didn’t even lose the antenna, got two hella rallyes on the roof rack and ran the cable under the antenna bracket through the same hole and down the front pillar. You’ll have to slightly modify the antenna bracket on the roof to let the cable run under it without leaving a hole for water to creep in but apart from that you’re golden.

More
12 Oct 2018 05:19 #196691 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Roof lights
Excellent thank you both I knew someone on here would know

More
12 Oct 2018 06:19 #196695 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Roof lights
I know it's fashionable to have lights on the roof but they have a shadow cast by the rest of the car in front of them and are susceptible to damage.

Why not mount them at bumper level? The wiring is much easier then too!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=8&

More
16 Oct 2018 21:02 #196830 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Roof lights
I didn't realise they cast a shadow might rethink to the bumper lol

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds