BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Got questions about the new Jimny?

More
29 Nov 2018 11:52 #198349 by Bill Portland

AlexK wrote: Non-refundable deposits are most definitely not Suzuki GB policy, so any dealer asking for one should be told to cram it.

Just to clarify that in my case, the dealer had to be persuaded to take a deposit and start a waiting list, and we agreed a £250 refundable deposit which gives me 1st refusal on any cars they get.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlexK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 13:07 #198361 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Got questions about the new Jimny?
Before the prices were announced, Suzuki were actively instructing dealers not to take deposits.

Most dealers - not just Suzuki ones - are likely to have a clause in their terms of business that says if they fail to supply your chosen vehicle within 28 days of the agreed date, then you are entitled to a refund of all monies paid. I imagine consumer law backs this up. Any dealer that suggests they can keep my money indefinitely without quoting a delivery date (as is likely to happen with Jimny) isn't a dealer I want to give my business to.

At the moment, I'm struggling to find a dealer that will even respond to my email. I guess with 11,000 people trying to order one, they can afford to be arseholes about it.

More
29 Nov 2018 13:54 #198364 by Gadget
My dealer stopped taking deposits in October as they knew there was going to be a lengthy wait for cars. Just crossing my fingers that there's a few Ivory SZ5s with auto boxes sat at that storage depot and that everyone else is avoiding the beige ones! :)

• Al.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 14:18 #198366 by Al.
Replied by Al. on topic Got questions about the new Jimny?
Weill i contacted a few dealers, before i found one i class as honest. i'm number 1 on his list, for a SZ5 Manual in Blueish black pearl metallic. No deposit paid, and he refuses to take any until he can confirm.

"Clearly there is nothing in there to indicate to any dealer that a deposit would secure an order. I am trying to be as upfront as I can with all communications, so you can hopefully appreciate that I am trying to do the best for all potential customers and the dealerships interests. I do of course appreciate any comments or snippets you hear from anywhere else in regard to the new Jimny.

I will keep you in the loop and as always remain positive that I will do my best to get your Jimny order allocated as quickly as possible."

I dont think you can ask anymore from a dealer who says this :)

Suzuki are playing the cards close, dealers have know idea whats available model wise, or even how they are going to be allocated, there expecting 4 car total for the first 6 months. some even think suzuki will drip feed the cars, just to keep interest high.

• AlexK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 15:36 #198370 by AlexK

Al. wrote: I dont think you can ask anymore from a dealer who says this :)

I agree. Out of interest which dealer was it, and was this a while ago?

• Al.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 15:38 #198371 by Al.
Replied by Al. on topic Got questions about the new Jimny?
two days ago. :)

More
29 Nov 2018 17:50 #198382 by helijohn

facade wrote: I'm well past the age where messing with a gear lever has even the slightest appeal, and I shan't be getting another manual car with my own money.

+1

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
30 Nov 2018 00:29 #198427 by zukebob
Alex. I want to sidetrack a little and just say 'thank you' for taking our questions and posting as many answers as you were able to obtain. Thankfully, I didn't see any 'shoot the messenger' responses.

I also went to the link you posted and read your article. Must say it was well written and I enjoyed it. I also noted that you were on the Rubicon trail. I was there several times during my FJ40 days back in the 70s. A lot of fun.

Thanks again.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexK

• AlexK
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Nov 2018 08:03 #198435 by AlexK

zukebob wrote: ...during my FJ40 days back in the 70s...

That FJ would be worth a lot of money today!

Thanks for the kind words, and you're very welcome. I hope that some of it was useful in some small way.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds