BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

front differential service

• fj1960
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2018 01:10 #195416 by fj1960
front differential service was created by fj1960
hi guys,
I am new to the forum and I think these websites/forums are a great idea.
I have a question regarding 2 issues how much is a service for a front diff on a 2013 jimny auto and what is a throttle body service and what is the cost involved? the reason I am asking is because I had issues with my suzuki dealer regarding the scheduled servicing.
the serviced my jimny but didn't do have the jobs they were supposed too. like my transmission fluid wasnt checked and therefore half empty just to mention one issue I had with them.
I think the capped price servicing is a overpriced oil change.

I look forward to your replies
cheers fritz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2018 07:56 #195421 by facade
Replied by facade on topic front differential service
No idea what a throttle body service is, maybe they clean it?

The front differential simply needs an oil change, mainly to make sure there is no water inside as unless off-roaded a lot, they don't do many miles. You can do this yourself very easily, you have to buy a 10mm square key to undo the filler plug (1st) and the drain plug (2nd) and a bottle of the correct oil.

The transmission is a big problem, they shouldn't use a drop of oil unless there is a leak. You did check it exactly as in the handbook, with the engine and gearbox fully hot? The fluid expands a lot and shows very low when cold and correct when hot.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
25 Aug 2018 08:24 #195422 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic front differential service
Seeing as it's out of warranty I'd be getting it serviced at a decent independent garage that does the work they say they will, or you ask them to.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds