BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny - UK

More
21 Jun 2018 20:02 #193715 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Re:New Jimny - UK

Foxtrot wrote: On another website somebody has translated the brochure.
Here are the dimensions for your garage....:)

Jimny SIERRA ( with flared wheel arches)
L 3600 mm, a total width of 1600 mm, a total height of 1715 mm, and a wheelbase of 2250 mm.

Fuel Consumption:

Fuel consumption of the new "Jimny" will be 16.2 km / L for 5-speed MT

For 4-speed AT it will be 13.3 km/ L , specification from WLTP, which is the new fuel consumption standard .

MT 38mpg
AT 31mpg
Height is 10mm taller than current
Length and width same as my Celerio which is shorter than current model.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2018 20:54 - 21 Jun 2018 20:55 #193716 by furo
Replied by furo on topic New Jimny - UK
Those measurements mean that it will have an identical wheelbase to the current Jimny, and it will be slightly narrower. I find that surprising - it certainly looks a bit wider, especially in the spy shot when it is driving alongside a current generation. Maybe it's just that the wing mirrors are just smaller. I was hoping it would be wider and that would improve stability a little.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Last edit: 21 Jun 2018 20:55 by furo.

More
24 Jun 2018 19:53 #193794 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny - UK
I've just joined (waves), having seen the pics of the new Jimny. I've always had a hankering for one, especially after the demise of the Defender, which was my first 4x4 love, but wasn't entirely sold on the looks. This new one looks fantastic, I see some FJ series Land Cruiser in there, especially in the Ivory paint scheme. Time to start pestering my local dealer :)

More
24 Jun 2018 20:45 #193796 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
A better shot of the interior is on the internet. Seems to have a key start rather than keyless

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, zukebob

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jun 2018 22:17 #193802 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
Could it just be a cover for the key ignition incase the battery in the fob goes for the keyless start if you get what I mean?

More
25 Jun 2018 00:40 - 25 Jun 2018 00:42 #193803 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
It's still confusing to me what is considered a baseline model. Even the Global Suzuki website (showing the new Jimny) has the disclaimer:

Vehicles shown in this site are of Europe specification.
The appearance, colours, and equipment of vehicles may differ according to market and grade.

For whatever it's worth (in Japanese) from:
www.suzuki.co.jp/car/jimny/special/

JL Model:
- Main equipment plus:
● Front Multi Reflector Halogen Fog Lamp ● Full automatic air conditioner ● Keyless push start system Electric retractable remote control door mirrors ● Smoke glass ● 15 inch steel wheel etc.

JC Model:
- Main equipment (plus JL)
● Dual sensor brake support ● LED Headlamp ● Head lamp washer ● Cruise control system ● LED side turn lamp attaching door mirror ● 15-inch aluminum wheel etc.

So is "main equipment" the base version of the JDM model? Push button would be on all (most) European models? Martin's picture is left hand drive so it isn't the JDM version?

I commented a while back in the other new Jimny thread that this is the strangest vehicle rollout I've ever seen. I haven't changed my mind.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 25 Jun 2018 00:42 by zukebob.

More
25 Jun 2018 09:22 #193806 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny - UK
I get the impression from my sources that the pre-launch interest has taken Suzuki a bit by surprise. I think they were anticipating a Japan launch and then see how it went. This means that there is little/no information on what market differences will be and I suspect the specification is yet to be tied down for each market. Certainly the UK does not seem to know what it will be getting, it was only last week that they even heard that they would be getting the Jimny at all.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
25 Jun 2018 11:18 #193808 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic New Jimny - UK

It's been fettled just a tad.
Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2018 12:03 - 25 Jun 2018 12:04 #193809 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny - UK
Jezz - that picture shows the start button :)

Martin

Last edit: 25 Jun 2018 12:04 by mlines.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2018 15:54 - 25 Jun 2018 16:11 #193813 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny - UK
so if it uses Allgrip it should have hill decent and a button to lock all 4 wheels upto 18 mph like the Ignis, is this like having an ARB front and back?

another couple of renderings.
uk.motor1.com/news/249974/suzuki-jimny-a...te-designs-rendered/
Last edit: 25 Jun 2018 16:11 by Daniel30.

More
25 Jun 2018 16:38 - 25 Jun 2018 16:41 #193814 by furo
Replied by furo on topic New Jimny - UK
I don't think the term Allgrip refers to one particular system, I think Suzuki use it to cover all their AWD/4WD systems. The current Jimny is called Allgrip Pro in a few markets (see link).

www.globalsuzuki.com/allgrip/

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Last edit: 25 Jun 2018 16:41 by furo.

More
25 Jun 2018 19:49 #193816 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny - UK

Daniel30 wrote: so if it uses Allgrip it should have hill decent and a button to lock all 4 wheels upto 18 mph like the Ignis, is this like having an ARB front and back?

another couple of renderings.
uk.motor1.com/news/249974/suzuki-jimny-a...te-designs-rendered/

Interesting, if you look at this ignis picture and then my picture, the 3rd switch along could be Hill Descent Control.

Just guessing of course and it will all be revealed next week but HDC is a function of the ABS system so once ABS is installed it is comparatively easy to engineer and does not need a specific transfer box. So I reckon it has some of the Allgrip functions from the Ignis

Martin

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds