BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Would a Jimny be good for me?

• ChrisW
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2018 08:38 #193723 by ChrisW
Replied by ChrisW on topic Would a Jimny be good for me?
Its funny, I bought the Jimny with the thought "its a 1.2 so it will be economical" but man was I wrong. (totally stock, 53 plate 80k miles)

I track my fuel religiously so know the MPG of every car I have owned, I expected 45 MPG or so, and was disappointed to be getting 33-35 MPG.
Then did my research and realized that was actually pretty good. I do a HELL of a lot of motorway miles, and dont really see what people mean when they say things about 60 mph being some sort of happiness level, I can happily sit at 70 (bare in mind its stock) and do so for around an hour a day (45 miles each way to work, 35 of which is M25). Dont get me wrong its much happier at 60, but 70 isnt an issue. 80 on the other hand and you get shouted at.

I have (like you) thought about air con, but its just such a great feeling having the windows down in it. I find the car fairly comfortable, but then I like the sitting position. I just think when I start doing longer trips away for camping (the main goal with the Jimny) I want some super comfy seats, so sourcing some new ones. Speed bumps are felt and its a bit hard, but it IS a proper 4x4. Feels the same as a Land Cruiser I toured around Namiba in or my dads Jeep.

All said and done, like some ones signature on here, the Jimny is a feeling. I smile ear to ear every time I drive it. If you can solve the long legs issue you will love the car. It does sound like 4wd is something you need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2018 11:08 #193729 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Would a Jimny be good for me?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI’m making another batch on Sunday ;)

Dave “ZookBOB”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds