Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

OCD - MOT and some other initials

More
13 Jun 2018 22:07 #193420 by sniper
The jimny passed it's mot with an advisory for a front bearing and a 2cm patch of rust on the cill. Not bad for 65k.

I fretted about the result like an expectant father, I haven't felt daft about a car for years but it would appear that this little 4x4 has got me.

I reasoned that the car had done well, only needing 2-3hrs at the garage and some parts that I have. I got a full JB kingpin kit for £50, so the total should be under £200, not bad for a years motoring...... I reasoned....

I forgot that it has had a clutch, disks and pads, springs, spring seats, dampers, tyres, wiper blades (I mention those because they were Bosch, only ever put them on a keeper),steering damper, a full service, in fact £1500 in parts and £500 in labour over the last six months.

My 3k jimny now stands me at 5k.

I know this is nonsense but do I stop and chastise myself, no I consider how much I've got tucked away towards the ATB diff and look forward to that in a few weeks. Another £1000 by the time it's in and the axle rebuilt.

I will then have a 3k car with 6k invested in it.........

Got to be some sort of compulsive disorder, I would say Compulsive Jimny Disorder but the wife has laid claim to that one (CJD..mad cow...).

Help......

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Jun 2018 03:22 #193423 by Lambert
If things weren't as up in the air with myself I would be just as bad or probably worse, they are such addictive little cars!

It's not a Jimny. It's my Jimny

Mooo said Ermintrude (black)
Boing said Zebedee (blue)

More
14 Jun 2018 18:43 #193460 by helijohn

sniper wrote: Got to be some sort of compulsive disorder, I would say Compulsive Jimny Disorder but the wife has laid claim to that one (CJD..mad cow...).

sniper

Can't really help. With some motors you reach a stick or twixt stage. A point where if you sell or trade you don't realise the amount sunk in to it. I got to this stage with my Junior which now owes me £2K of which just over a grand is on "extras" and so on. I would sell it if I got 75% of what it owes me otherwise it is worth more to me in what it is than small money.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds