BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Dash cam

More
08 May 2018 05:44 #192494 by helijohn
Dash cam was created by helijohn
Most of the dash cams seem to attach to the screen or the mirror. I am looking for one under £20 that sits on the dash. Can someone recommend one please?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2018 07:17 #192496 by grumyoldjoe
Replied by grumyoldjoe on topic Dash cam
In my experience the cheaper you go the worse the picture quality is and on playback you see next to no detail at all. Even worse at night.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

More
08 May 2018 10:35 #192505 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Dash cam
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Mine is similar to this but not this acutal one. Do not buy from buyers with this low score, keep it over 99%.
Reverse cam and all. Works OK and picture quality is enough for me.
The better quality, the less film you got on your SDcard, but with too poor quality the film can be pointless..
SDcard often is not included.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
08 May 2018 17:55 #192523 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Dash cam
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

yakuza wrote:

Mine is similar to this

Those type are good. I have something similar on one motor but it means I lose the dip mirror facility. It has a tinted anti glare coating but it is not enough.
I have a cheap screen one which gives great results and only cost just over a tenner but they drop off the screen after a while.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
12 May 2018 20:27 #192632 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Dash cam
Are there any bargains to be had in Maplin's whilst they still exist?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
30 May 2018 10:43 - 30 May 2018 10:51 #193053 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Dash cam
I regret i did not spend a few NOK/GBP/USD more and got a real HD camera.
I passed an accident this weekend, and video quality was not good enough so my journalist brother could use it as a picture in his newspaper..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 30 May 2018 10:51 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds