BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Seatbelts

• rappey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Apr 2018 17:50 #192257 by rappey
Replied by rappey on topic Seatbelts
after reading all these posts would just guess that they are not very good quality from the beginning ?
My jimny only has 60,000m and both belts don't retract, and wont come out at times..
My day to day car has 273,000 miles and the belts are still in perfect working order !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2018 07:51 #192293 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Seatbelts
I'd be careful putting silicone on the belts as it might come off on your clothes!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Mraz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2018 08:46 - 30 Apr 2018 08:47 #192295 by Mraz
Replied by Mraz on topic Seatbelts
What about teflon tape? It is slippery, more than anything. We used to use it to reduce friction between conveyor belt plates and PVC bags and it worked like s charm.

Just put a piece of tape over the part the belt slides over.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2018 08:47 by Mraz.

More
01 May 2018 18:21 - 01 May 2018 18:29 #192325 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Seatbelts
I was considering this stuff on eBay But was hoping to find some in black! I can't determine if the tape is clear and the backing blue or vice versa.

EDIT:
reading the small-print it says its clear - might be worth a punt

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 01 May 2018 18:29 by Max Headroom.

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 May 2018 18:01 #192567 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Seatbelts
I thought that was the reason so many of us use seats with big bolsters on them? B)
Attachments:

More
30 May 2018 10:36 #193052 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Seatbelts
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationBought some sort of Teflon tape off ebay:

Now my seat belts return quite good.

The hanger was pretty dirty again so washing with brake cleaner did help too.

Time will show if it lasts..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds