BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show

More
19 Jun 2018 05:30 - 19 Jun 2018 07:01 #193603 by Foxtrot

Lambert wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

mlines wrote: Disappointing that it's still got part time 4WD. Whilst purists will like it, the man on the street would want something better on the 21st century.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If it doesn't have AllGrip with a low box I hope its at least front wheel drive with traction control in standard mode, this will get you out of most day to day slippery situations. Rear wheel drive can catch you out on wet roundabouts or when its not slippery enough to engage 4x4 for fear of damaging the transfer box..

Come off it man. I've had my essentially standard Jimny round a track day at decent speed and it didn't deviate from my line once, front or rear. If you are driving it hard enough to break traction on the public highway it's either defective or you're not driving to the conditions.

Normal road conditions I don't have a problem with rear wheel drive, it's when you get caught out with a slight dusting of snow or the greasy road after a hot day when it rains, the 4x4 would have helped you but you are unable to use it as it cannot be left on permanently without damaging the transfer box.
Having said that I understand that Suzuki has not aimed this vehicle at the school run kerb jumpers, it has kept true to its concept and it will be a very low volume niche market in the UK.. I hope they have taken this opportunity to iron out the well known weak spots such as the kingpins which fail regularly and the death wobble, and it isn't just a Jimny generation 3 with a party frock..
We will have to wait and see what the specs are as we are still guessing at the moment, we may all be pleasantly surprised :)
Last edit: 19 Jun 2018 07:01 by Foxtrot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2018 06:43 #193604 by ow3x3xpr3ss
Official link with the release of the date....
www.suzuki.co.jp/car/jimny/special/

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot, helijohn, Lambert

More
19 Jun 2018 06:56 - 19 Jun 2018 13:11 #193605 by Foxtrot

ow3x3xpr3ss wrote: Official link with the release of the date....
www.suzuki.co.jp/car/jimny/special/:)

Jimny Sierra shows the engine 1500cc, that sounds promising, I cant read Japanese but looking at the pictures it appears to have predictive braking and rear parking sensors. I'll have one in dark green please....:)
Last edit: 19 Jun 2018 13:11 by Foxtrot.

More
19 Jun 2018 16:30 #193618 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
And now the latest roumors is they will come to Norway!
Hope so!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2018 17:39 #193632 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Found this photoshop picture in a facebook thread, had to share it (cant remember to have seen it here before, so bare with me if it`s allready shown here)

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2018 18:14 #193633 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Very nice......

More
28 Jun 2018 14:22 #193847 by furo
Replied by furo on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Spec sheet. 195/80/15 tyres and wheelbase of 2250mm (unchanged) and I think it says 1645mm for the overall width (unchanged).

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zukebob

More
29 Jun 2018 01:10 #193854 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
If you zoom in on the picture, you can see that there is another thing unchanged. The gear ratios for the AT indicate that they are keeping the TW-40 transmission behind the new engine. I can't help but think that it will be a warranty liability nightmare for them. Oh well.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2018 09:23 - 30 Jun 2018 09:23 #193885 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
You've all got it completely wrong, here's the new Jimny:

Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jun 2018 09:23 by Venter.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2018 09:44 #193886 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
30 Jun 2018 10:23 #193889 by furo
Replied by furo on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
That is incredible haha!

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

More
01 Jul 2018 16:12 #193907 by mark98
Replied by mark98 on topic New Jimny 2017 Tokyo Show
Some interesting details to be found here, leaked version of the Japanese Jimny Sierra brochure... minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/2348757/car...0/4763985/photo.aspx
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, facade

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds