BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Rear height.

• Jafco3331
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2017 18:28 #183075 by Jafco3331
Jimny Rear height. was created by Jafco3331
Hey can anyone help me with what roughly should be the height of a jimny arch from the ground with a 2 " lift. While mine has been sat up for a little bit i have noticed the driver side rear to be lower than the passanger. my question is are the jimnybits springs on the rear RHD sided as this could be the cause otherwise i may need to look into other factors. the springs and shocks are new so what else could cause un even levels amongst the chasis

thanks

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2017 18:36 #183076 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Jimny Rear height.
Did you fit the kit? The rear springs are the same size but at the front the drivers side one is a little longer. Could this be the answer? :)

• Jafco3331
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2017 18:47 #183077 by Jafco3331
Replied by Jafco3331 on topic Jimny Rear height.
yeah kit fitted. but from fitting them the 4wd dont work and then i realised the kingpins need replacing as there is a small amount of play in the hubs on both sides. i know the longer spring on front got fitted on the right hand side. the rear is quite abit out. is it possible that the spring bracket at the top could of corroded and bent upwards causing the issue. i really need to give it a good clean underneath and see if there is going to be anything else that could cause me any issues. thanks allan for the quick response.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds