BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

www.bywaymap.com

• oxford_bloke
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2015 16:51 #147496 by oxford_bloke
www.bywaymap.com was created by oxford_bloke
anybody used this website/ how up to date is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dyl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2015 20:15 #147518 by Dyl
Replied by Dyl on topic www.bywaymap.com
It will show you were byways are located, but will not show you if they are legal to drive.

I personally think Trailwise through GLASS membership is the best route to not only locate byways but have lots of information on each lane, especially if it has a TRO or not.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
10 Jul 2015 21:42 #147568 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic www.bywaymap.com
We've actually been discussing this on the Glass FB page, Glass rep has contacted the site owner as currently it shows several lanes that have had a TRO on for years . It's no use in afraid, terribly out of date. If you join glass you gain access to Trailwise, that will show you where all the lanes are .

Gary

More
11 Jul 2015 11:46 - 11 Jul 2015 11:48 #147581 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic www.bywaymap.com
Quite impressed with Trailwise... discovered a few 'lanes local to me I had no idea about!

Including a potential fording of the local river?!

And another UCR very close to my house that appears on Explorer maps but not Landranger?! Only found that one with help from Trailwise too... B)
Last edit: 11 Jul 2015 11:48 by X8GGY.

More
11 Jul 2015 11:50 #147582 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic www.bywaymap.com

oxford_bloke wrote: anybody used this website/ how up to date is it?

Had a look at my local area and only half the ByWays (BOATs) are shown on there...? :(

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds