Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

What did you do to your jimny today

More
30 Jun 2018 08:44 #193883 by kirkynut

facade wrote: Meanwhile I was so fed up with people staring and pointing at the GRAUNCH-GRAUNCH-GRAUNCH noise that I got the jack out, took the wheel off, and bent the disc dustsheild away from the disc.

Why do they start touching when nothing hits them???

When you next have the front axle apart, take them off and throw them away!

They're meant to be stone guards but they collect mud and stones between them and the discs causing scored discs and 'orrible noises!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=8&

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2018 15:49 #194195 by sniper
Took care of the MOT advisories,
O/S/F wheel bearing - did the king pins and and seals while it was apart.
A small patch of welding on the O/S/R cill.

Fitted Proflex ARB bushes.

The bearing was only just on it's way and has had no effect on the car, the Proflex bushes have tightened up the anti roll bar and I now need to harden the dampers.

The ARB is now causing the car to wallow a little, I will adjust and stiffen the front dampers, am confident that will cure it but it may harshen the ride.
More Proflex if it does, this time adjustable drop links... another spend.....

sniper

More
12 Jul 2018 08:12 #194218 by Lesmondo
Ello all

Needed a new Exhaust , and wanted custom stainless steel, so went to Hib Exhausts in LLANGEFNI, Told Sean what i wanted, and he made this, exactly what i wanted, its quiet, will get the cat done another time, maybe the manifold too?

then i did the rear wheel bearing ( took the seal out and contaminated the shoes with diff oil) that was a tough long job! must thank all that put up info on how to do it, and videos!

Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2018 14:50 - 12 Jul 2018 15:09 #194237 by Mraz
I got a bit creative yesterday before the game so I've made this. It's a flag holder for tow-bar.

scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/3...13766d9b&oe=5BE7AF03

So I can do this:

:)
Last edit: 12 Jul 2018 15:09 by Mraz.

More
15 Jul 2018 21:25 #194310 by Eskimo
Not quite today, but picked the Jimny up on Friday after the dreaded MOT..............:( :S

No advisories and straight through with a slight tweak to the rear brake compensator :woohoo: .Not bad for a 16yr old Jimny. The blokes at the garage even commented on what great condition if was in.

Guess I'll be keeping the jimny for a while then B) :lol: :lol:

2" lift, 215/75 r15 Dynapro MTs, steering damper, snorkel and slightly mad owner!

• Dom
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jul 2018 18:42 #194346 by Dom
Replied by Dom on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Today I drove around 200 miles with no rear prop, anyone got a good second hand one they don't need?

More
17 Jul 2018 14:27 - 17 Jul 2018 16:42 #194388 by MisterJiggles
I ripped its arse off!

Tail lights aren't working so I've taken the bumper off to find the usual exhaust melting the loom had happened quite severely, so now I've got to find a new loom because it's just too knackered to repair.

I also took it as an opportunity to put some rust inhibiting primer on any little rust spots on the body whilst it’s off, but it’s was actually in surprisingly good condition once it was cleaned of dirt and mud.

Hopefully that's all that's wrong with it, haven't even been able to drive it yet!
Last edit: 17 Jul 2018 16:42 by MisterJiggles.

More
17 Jul 2018 16:29 #194394 by Riccy
Replaced the oil pan, gone porous and leaking a little :-(

Messy job but had to be done. Easy on J999MNY as theres 4.5" spring and 2" body lifts. Only thing that came off was the oil pan itself to do the swap :-)

Then onto some bushings on the gearstick that have been annoying me for a while. A recent post by Michael-c about them prompted me to copy him and get some for a mini today. They go in with the intermediate prop unbolted from the t-box easily, as he says, and make a huge difference to the gear selection.

J999 MNY, M16 VVT, R7me gbox & Rocklobster,
31x10.5r15 Cooper STT, 2x ARB Lockd' 3.9 diffs & twin compressor,
6.5" total lift, Zookbob HD steering shock, Ignis recaro's
Custom bar & arches, rocksliders & guards,
Snorkel, K&N, 13500lb Winchmax, Buzzweld, etc, etc

Plus ULYSSES (06' trayback project)
Attachments:

More
18 Jul 2018 20:36 #194424 by MisterJiggles

MisterJiggles wrote: I ripped its arse off!

Tail lights aren't working so I've taken the bumper off to find the usual exhaust melting the loom had happened quite severely, so now I've got to find a new loom because it's just too knackered to repair.

I also took it as an opportunity to put some rust inhibiting primer on any little rust spots on the body whilst it’s off, but it’s was actually in surprisingly good condition once it was cleaned of dirt and mud.

Hopefully that's all that's wrong with it, haven't even been able to drive it yet!

Update, new loom did the trick, tucked it way with kevlar heat protection around it so hopefully it won't be a problem again! Now to get the Hankook Dynapro ATms fitted!

More
04 Aug 2018 13:45 #194824 by ahtr
Had a battle with the steering wheel. Airbag light had come on and horn stopped working, so replaced the squib behind the wheel with 2nd hand one.

Wheel put up a solid fight, bit of a rough puller knocked up and wound a load of tension in it, then a bfh and a block of wood on the back of the wheel eventually did the trick ;)

Airbag light cleared and horn working again!
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2018 14:37 #194825 by MadsV
Removed my wheel the other day, its the same procedure as windshield wipers. They stick pretty hard if you try pulling straight out. I wiggled the wheel and it came off in about 15 seconds

Norwegian 01 Jimny
G16B
2” Trail Master
215/75-15 -15 offset wheels

More
05 Aug 2018 04:36 #194832 by Lambert
Spent the useful parts of yesterday trying to get air out of the brakes. Not entirely successfully. They're working reasonably but I think another bleed could have benefit.

It's not a Jimny. It's my Jimny

Mooo said Ermintrude (black)
Boing said Zebedee (blue)

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds