BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• Eskimo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2018 21:44 #190873 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Not just st today but busy weekend:

Saturday: Picked up the Jimny from the garage after having the following fitted: 2" Black Raptor lift kit, castor correction bushes and steering damper.

Have found no great difference in the driving manners of the Jimny after the lift kit has been fitted and no catching on the arches with the 0 offset wheels and 215/75 r15 Hankook MTs so all is good.

Sunday: Finally fitted my Snorkel - little disappointed with the poor fit of the "Template" but managed to fettle things to make it fit neatly, mainly the one bolt hole which had to be extended to fit the fixing stud. Sealed airbox drain hole too, nearly forgot but spotted at the last minute :laugh: :laugh:

Pictures of snorkel install:

Took it for quick test and found I now have the most awesome induction roar at about 2000rpm upwards, even got a few looks from the locals when setting off from traffic lights :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: B)

Just got to sort out a roof rack and recovery points and I'm ready to give my Brother-in-law a run for his money in his 110!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2018 22:23 - 25 Mar 2018 22:24 #190875 by Max Headroom
Hey Eskimo thats a great read; made me grin from ear to ear that last bit. :cheer:

Good to see the pictures of your steed; at least I will know what vehicle to look out for now!

I spent from dawn till dusk (literally), pressure washing, snow-foaming, drying, polishing, followed by waxing and even vacuuming mine.

I'm exhausted.
Wife thinks I've gone mad

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 25 Mar 2018 22:24 by Max Headroom.

• Eskimo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2018 22:32 #190876 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic What did you do to your jimny today
It was a good day for Jimny work today Max, my wife thinks I'm mad too!

I wish I had washed the cars today, everyone else down the road did theirs, but I currently have 1 dirty Jimny, 1 very dirty Kuga (even worse looking as its white) and 1 indescribable C-Max (the Missus car) which looks like it's never been cleaned in its life. Guess it'll be a busy Easter weekend.

• Jjbradshaw1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2018 13:00 #190891 by Jjbradshaw1
Replied by Jjbradshaw1 on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Just picked up my first Jimny yesterday evening (05), noticed it needs a few things. Clutch is high up the pedal range so it seems that could be on its way out and I've got a squeal coming from somewhere which hopefully is just a belt. Sometimes its there sometimes it isn't!
Its going to be my daily driver to avoid miles and hella low mpg on my other car, so first order of business is some new footwear. Looking at some 7J 15" steelies with 225/70/15 A/T tyres.
Also really want these over fenders, has anybody on here fitted them?
www.lrchallenge4x4.co.uk/prod
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
26 Mar 2018 18:40 #190895 by Riccy
Repairs day following an excellent outing to North Wales with Dave, Brett & co... (Blog to follow from Dave as usual)

Had to get a lift home on the back of a transporter courtesy of recovery (long winded and very late so I wont name names here). Bad noises on the motorway on the way home so pulled over and had a poke around. Took rear brakes apart (ok), took rear prop off and ran 2wd (still bad). Wheel bearings most likley.

Rear axle removed and stripped down. Diff checks out ok. Locker working and just a little bit of backlash adjustment needed.

Culprit is the wheel bearings as suspected. collapsed somewhere on the race. Spares to order from Martin then...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2018 12:10 #190965 by grumyoldjoe
Took it in for MOT,
Sailed through, no advisories either
Mind you its a 2013 so was expecting a pass.
38000K and still on original duellers, although f ns is starting to show wear on outer edge

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2018 17:35 #190978 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Today I looked at all the stuff in the back from my camping weekend and decided it can wait until the long weekend to clear it out. :)

Attachments:

• viducce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2018 10:30 #191020 by viducce
Replied by viducce on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Recently I found this on the web, there was only a pic w/o any details.
Wonder if somebody knows anything about it and maybe where to source it

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Mar 2018 11:42 #191023 by Lambert
Dunno, but I really really really really really really really really really NEED one

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Mar 2018 15:54 #191053 by Lambert
Had 3 goes at getting a 4pk946 belt from the motor factors today. First time was a 850 but I have air, second was a 922 in a 946 box and finally a 946 in a 946 box. Another hour I won't get back!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Stumpjumper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Mar 2018 17:06 #191100 by Stumpjumper
Replied by Stumpjumper on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Did underneath last w/end, inside the boot this w/end.
What else can you do when its cat's & dogs :pinch:
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
31 Mar 2018 18:37 - 31 Mar 2018 18:38 #191101 by Riccy
Bracing up the back axle...

I have removed the diff guard and gone for the gusset to weld on instead. While its off and stripped down I noticed the holes for the arms are going oval. So the solution was to make some plates for either side of the bracket to strengthen and brace them a bit. 6mm plate should be strong enough :laugh:

Also made a brace for the top of the axle out of 8mm plate.

Lots of welding and grinding (because my welding looks like it was done by Stevie Wonder)...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 31 Mar 2018 18:38 by Riccy.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds