BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Drivers seat position

More
19 May 2018 15:52 #192805 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Drivers seat position
Thanks Kirkynut ;)

Yes, these will fit any year and on either side... whilst Suzuki have changed the style of seats over the years the floor mountings remain the same...

;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MOTASO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2018 18:52 #192806 by MOTASO
Replied by MOTASO on topic Drivers seat position
Thanks for the reply and i think your last kit got sold :)

More
20 May 2018 11:01 #192817 by X8GGY
Thanks! I have the steel here to make more but I’m too busy repairing my own Jimny at the moment... ;)

I’ll ship them first thing in the morning ;)

• jamie_300
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2020 00:26 #224114 by jamie_300
Replied by jamie_300 on topic Drivers seat position
Hi these extended rails being made any more, or is there a spare set going? I’ve extended the drivers side, now I want to do the passenger side for the rare occasions I’m sat there

• Silver05
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2020 10:02 #224131 by Silver05
Replied by Silver05 on topic Drivers seat position
just made up patterns for mine, off to Steel stockholders in the morning, then find a machine shop to plasma..... take me too long with angle grinder !!

More
28 Jun 2020 16:28 #224156 by X8GGY

Silver05 wrote: just made up patterns for mine, off to Steel stockholders in the morning, then find a machine shop to plasma..... take me too long with angle grinder !!

That's why I stopped making them! And I thought one of the "bigger Jimny suppliers" would pick up the idea...
Attachments:

• Jamin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Sep 2020 13:13 #228398 by Jamin
Replied by Jamin on topic Drivers seat position
Bumping this again.
Anyone making these?
I would buy them quick like.

• Pambos89
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2020 15:54 #229903 by Pambos89
Replied by Pambos89 on topic Drivers seat position
Hello from me as well. As of a few days ago, I am the proud owner of a Jimny 2006 and I am also having a bit a problem with the driver's seat position. I am 1.83 (6ft) and it's a bit tight for me as well. Moving the seat rails slightly should make everything perfect. Does anyone know whether I can buy this kit from somewhere or maybe share the dimensions so i can find someone to make it for me ? Thank you!

More
10 Nov 2020 17:53 - 10 Nov 2020 22:05 #229908 by X8GGY
I'll see what I can do... there's a demand and no-one producing them at the moment...

Sorry, thought about these this evening in the shop, there's not enough market for them or margin in them... I sold a few batches but they were too laborious to make... it really needs one of the bigger suppliers with a profile cutter to make some...

But if it helps anyone, this is what I did...

Take a seat out so that you can see the mounts on the floorpan... I don't know why on this occasion I used wood to make the templates, as I normally prototype in cardboard being a shopkeeper with unlimited supply of grocery boxes :laugh: You can see where I've drilled through the wood to match up with the original mounting holes in the floor and then worked back with parallel lines to a position ~2" back. Also note the cutout to get around the wiring loom that sits on the transmission tunnel.

When I was happy with the templates the measurements / holes were transferred to steel plate bar, these were 70mm wide and 5mm thick from memory...

So the rear mounts of the seats are positioned ~2" back over the original mounts... if you read back through this thread someone was making spaces that just "hung in mid-air", I didn't think this was suitable for resale as a product, so I made them full length bar...

At the front you can clearly see the spacing backwards..

These were then rounded off and tidied up to make them safe to sell on...

And finally the original two bars were used as templates to make small batch runs, drilling through the templates to get the holes in the right places, and cutting and shaping the bars with an angle grinder...

So hopefully you can see... for the ~£40 I was asking for a pair there's a lot of labour drilling, cutting, shaping, finishing and then the added cost of getting them powdercoated, there's very little profit in them, and I don't think you could charge much more for them and the market stand the retail price of them...

SO, it really needs one of the big players with there own profile cutter to knock a reasonably sized batch out to cover their costs...

The same pair of spacers work on both sides of the vehicle, i.e. for the left-hand drive market, or as a passenger seat spacer in addition to the driver's seat...

Hope that helps, either to make your own, or for someone to make similar items to sell on...?

Dave ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Nov 2020 22:05 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pambos89

• Pambos89
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2020 07:48 #229957 by Pambos89
Replied by Pambos89 on topic Drivers seat position
Thanks Dave really appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds