BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

215/75/15 on standard Jimny - pictures

• phippj1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Nov 2012 10:17 #53127 by phippj1
Replied by phippj1 on topic 215/75/15 on standard Jimny - pictures
Great, I'll give that a try, my only thought is will this not cause me to have more lock no turning right or left if i start rotaing the steering bar? As this will extend or decrease the distance between the power steering drop arm and axle, has any one done this and had any side effects at all?

I also have a wobble now occuring at anything over 45mph, but not all the time, only on rought roads it appears, I hope this will just go once the tyres have worn a little.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2012 11:23 #53129 by gilburton

phippj1 wrote: Thanks dirtydogz for the link, but it doesnt make sense, surely if you fit a bigger tyre to your vehicle, the one wheel revolution will be bigger, so when your speedo says your doing 70 youll actually be doing more, but this link says differently and says if you fit a bigger tyre to your vehicle when you speedo says your doing 70 youll actually be doing less, I dont understand it

All speedos under read by 2/3 mph. This is to allow for tyre wear and the different types/makes of tyre. As the tyre wears the wheel will be turning faster so the speedo will actually become more accurate when you have no tread left.
If you can imagine the CAR not the tyre going at a constant speed with a 15" tyre!
Now,just to be silly, if you fitted a 10" mini wheel at that same constant speed the wheel would be turning faster so the speedo would be saying you were going much faster although the car was doing the same speed as before.
The reverse is obviously true ,fit a bigger tyre and it will be turning slower at the same constant speed.
Those with larger tyres will have to watch speed cameras etc but thse on standard tyres will be ok if driving at the posted speed limits as you are almost certainly under the limit :)
Hope that helps :unsure:

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• phippj1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2012 10:34 #53209 by phippj1
Replied by phippj1 on topic 215/75/15 on standard Jimny - pictures
thanks dirtydogz, ill give that a whirl on the weekend, only concern is how much thread I have on the track rod ends to play with.

Heres a few pics of the new wheels, very pleased with them apart from the death wobble now at 45mph!

Attachments:

• apayne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2018 10:58 - 24 Sep 2018 10:59 #196238 by apayne
Replied by apayne on topic 215/75/15 on standard Jimny - pictures
Hi guys,

I've got a set of BFGoodrich ALL Terrain T/A KO2 tyres 215/75/15 on the way to go on a standard 2001 Suzuki Jimny. Shall I expect any problems fitting these?

Cheers
Last edit: 24 Sep 2018 10:59 by apayne.

More
24 Sep 2018 11:18 #196239 by sniper
I fitted them with no problems at all on standard jlx alloys. Went to 30mm spacers and have the tiniest of catches at parking speeds in reverse at full lock.

Cracking tyres, great on all but the muddiest of lanes and good on tarmac. They also seem to have brought my speedo inline with roadside speed cameras.

sniper

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds