BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyre size?

• HiJim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2011 09:49 #27850 by HiJim
Replied by HiJim on topic Re: Tyre size?
hey monkey, im pretty keen on your setup and have a 3 inch lift comming in the mail, im from australia as well, just wondering where u got your wheels from and how much they were? cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2011 10:36 #27852 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: Tyre size?

HiJim wrote: hey monkey, im pretty keen on your setup and have a 3 inch lift comming in the mail, im from australia as well, just wondering where u got your wheels from and how much they were? cheers

Hey mate,

My rim's are "Dynamic's" 15x8 -22...they are not the cheapest of steelies...they are about $130 each,but worth the coin cus they are much better quality than the 'cheaper' sunnies. The Dynamic's are also made in AUS B)

I got the rim's through Perth 4x4....

• Buckley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2016 11:02 #162271 by Buckley
Replied by Buckley on topic Tyre size?
Hey guys I've got a 3" lift kit on my jimny and got 33" tyres it's great goes anywhere but noticed that it puts a lot of strain on the clutch and engine so I was thinking in putting 31" on, any good places to get good off road tyres and wheels?

More
12 Feb 2016 11:40 #162273 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Tyre size?

Buckley wrote: Hey guys I've got a 3" lift kit on my jimny and got 33" tyres it's great goes anywhere but noticed that it puts a lot of strain on the clutch and engine so I was thinking in putting 31" on, any good places to get good off road tyres and wheels?

do you still have standard transfer box if yes
look into buying a rock lobster
and keep the 33's

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2016 19:07 #162293 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:RE: Tyre size?

MysticRich wrote: Just fitted 33" on mine today

Attachment not found

I'm not sure you trimmed the arches enough ;)

• Buckley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2016 10:18 - 13 Feb 2016 11:19 #162309 by Buckley
Replied by Buckley on topic Tyre size?
Awesome man thanks for the help :) got any links or websites I can get them from??
Last edit: 13 Feb 2016 11:19 by Buckley.

• Buckley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2016 08:29 #162920 by Buckley
Replied by Buckley on topic Re:RE: Tyre size?
The only problem I have with fitting 33" is that when I'm driving on the road it tends to pull a lot anything I can do to stop that?

More
01 Sep 2018 10:58 #195626 by Lomax
Replied by Lomax on topic Re: Tyre size?
Hi, do you have any pictures of the trimming you have done?

Cheers

• Jasonmatthew911
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2018 21:40 #197151 by Jasonmatthew911
Replied by Jasonmatthew911 on topic Tyre size for Jimny 2019?
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the Jimny, but I have a 2019 Jimny reserved, will have it by December...I really wanted to know if anyone knows the biggest/widest tire size that can be used on the new Jimny, since it looks slightly bigger than older models...Any chance I could fit 31x10.50R15 tires with just some 2" Spacers and no lifting, or at least 30x9.50R15 Tires with Spacers and no lifting?...These are the sizes I'd like to have on the Jimny without lifting, but I'm aware that maybe I can't without lifting...Although the new Jimny seemed to have a lot of extra room under guards as opposed to the older smaller Jimny models.

I'm trying to avoid lifting for the first 3 years I have the car, otherwise I will void the guarantee, but I really want to stick wheels out a bit from Guards to add stability and a better look since Jimny is a bit narrow in my opinion...I live in Panama, so it's not ilegal to have tires sticking out beyond guards here...I'd basically like if anyone here knows how big/wide I can get with the New 2019 Suzuki Jimny, without lifting, I can add Spacers if necassary...Hopefully someone can help me out here, thanks.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
30 Oct 2018 17:48 #197182 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Tyre size for Jimny 2019?
I doubt anyone here in the UK will know, maybe member zukebob would be the most likley to know (in the Philippines i think)

Also I would expect gearing changes to be needed for those size tyres (new jimny has the same gear ratios as the current one). Body trimming, body lift and suspension lift may also be needed most likley.

215/75r15 or an equivalent wider but no taller is about as much as you can go with standard gearing and still have some performance.

have a look here to compare tyre sizes:
tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

here for gearing comparisons:
www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

and here for the gearing specs:
www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php?tit...erential_information

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Cro5sy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2021 18:15 #235236 by Cro5sy
Replied by Cro5sy on topic Re: Tyre size?
Do you think if you increased the offset you would have enough clearance to clear the front bar or would it still need trimming just curious as I am trying to avoid trimming

• Cro5sy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2021 18:17 #235237 by Cro5sy
Replied by Cro5sy on topic Re: Tyre size?
Or decreased to make if more negative I mean sorry As I’m not to fazed on abit of wheel poke

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds