BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOK NOW (BOOKING CLOSES EARLY OCTOBER!!) - CLICK HERE

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's la(te)st buggy build...

• S200KYS
  • S200KYS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
    Registered
  • Suzukis - a life long obsession!
More
11 Sep 2019 15:45 #213413 by S200KYS
Thanks Riccy ;) Picked up a new welding helmet today with some bits I needed from Screwfix :)

Optician can't do much at the moment... the eye hospital have advised me ot to get new glasses for a while whilst my eyes are settling down and hopefully improving with the 4 weekly injections... Yikes! :blink:

Wandered off for a bit... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• S200KYS
  • S200KYS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
    Registered
  • Suzukis - a life long obsession!
More
11 Sep 2019 16:05 #213414 by S200KYS
Bit more today...

The transfer box is back in! :woohoo:

And all the props are back in place too...

So I then turned my attention to the breathers... You'll remember both axles were tapped and elbows fitted, and the transfer box recently...

So the only one left to do was the gearbox... with this being a soft-top I already knew what I was looking for as S200KYS is / was also a soft-top... on the passenger / nearside of the gearbox you should be just about able to see the stock factory breather with this little cap on it...

It's quite snug but I could just about get both hands up to squeeze a (8mm OD) breather tube into the existing rubber hose on the breather...

Tubes were then connected from all the elbows and separately run up to...

A five-way manifold block on the engine firewall ;)

So the one on the left goes to the rear axle, the three pointing down go to the front axle, gearbox, and transfer box, and the one on the right will go to the highest position possible, in my case, usually up into the top of the snorkel's head :)

SO.... that's it! All the crawling around under the donor Jimny is complete! B) the front and rear axles have both been rebuilt, the steering bars strengthened and renewed, and the sspension redone and lifted ~2", and the transfer box has been slung in a cradle for protection... oooh, and the diffs have been swapped for later 4.3:1 VVT model ones and a rear "Lockright" (Lunch Box) fitted along with Trail Gear rear shafts...

So the rest of the project is fashioning into looking more like my buggy inspirational pictures...

More on that at a later date, I'm disappearing into the garage for the winter ;)

Wandered off for a bit... ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds