BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

My green laner project

More
01 Jan 2019 23:24 - 01 Jan 2019 23:50 #199852 by ahtr
Replied by ahtr on topic My green laner project
With my MOT looming the engine management light appeared. Plugged obd tool in, P0135 code which pointed to front lambda sensor in exhaust manifold. New Denso sensor purchased and fitted, cleared fault codes and all good.

Denso sensor is identical except for the colour of the plug. Suzuki wanted about £200 for a genuine one, they use Denso anyway as far as I'm aware.

MOT passed last week with no advisories B) so thought I'd treat Jimny to rear disc conversion seeing as I've had the bits in the garage for a couple of weeks.

Picked some Megane calipers up from ebay. Hoses and brackets from Jimmybits. Discs from Eurocarparts.

Swapped the caliper handbrake levers and brackets as the instructions say.

Cut the drum backing plates off halfshafts, bolted up the new caliper brackets, discs and new pads fitted. Hoses bolted to the axles with some stainless p-clips.

My wheels were binding on the calipers slightly, couple of passes with the grinder solved that.

Bled all the brakes and flushed through with new fluid. Glad to see the drums gone, definitely prefer discs for ease of maintenance.

And then finished fitting and tidied up my cb radio.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs
Last edit: 01 Jan 2019 23:50 by ahtr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 15:33 #202687 by ahtr
Few more bits done on the Jimny...

Stuck some spot lights on the bumper, used a light bracket from a Discovery mounted on my bumper. It was a bit wide to start with

So chopped it in half, sleeved it and stuck it back together again to get the width I wanted.

And mounted a couple of lights up.

Picked up and fitted some JB rock sliders to give the sills some protection. Simple enough to fit, remove the body mount nuts and then refit with the sliders in place, along with an additional support bar bolted across the chassis.

After a couple of recent submergings, the front brake calipers started getting a tad sticky, so took everything apart and cleaned it all up. Replaced the caliper sliding pins, bolts and seals. You can probably guess which are the old ones...

Picked up an old military box for storing recovery gear etc. Bolted it down to the floor to some of the old rear seat mounting points, so it won't move or fly about if I lie the car on it's side or anything.

Have had a few good days out 'laning in it now, pretty happy with how it's handled things. Winch still unused. Keeping a look out for a rear locker but can't justify the expense of an ARB for the use the car gets at the min. And not sure I like the idea of a Lockright.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs
Attachments:

More
06 Feb 2019 18:12 #202692 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic My green laner project
looking good,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahtr

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Feb 2019 18:35 #202696 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic My green laner project
Buy a locker, you know you want to!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2019 18:57 #202697 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic My green laner project
How about some china lockers? Approx half price of arb`s.

So far 1500km on mine since install, not extremly hard use yet, but has been in use several times in both offroad and snow drifting.. Works just as expected so far, and hopefully so for a long time :)
After having lockers on a car, its very hard to go back to no lockers.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
06 Feb 2019 19:21 #202701 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic My green laner project
You could be the first in the UK to try an e-locker for a jimny as well...

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/e-Lock-...356.5.54475440VOOYkv

I have ARB's and they are superb. They are complicated to fit and theres the additional compressor needed, but super useful and as Ola says, wouldn't go back now :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
06 Feb 2019 19:57 #202705 by ahtr

OlaGB wrote: How about some china lockers? Approx half price of arb`s.

@OlaGB I have had a read of your build and had a look at the Chinese lockers after you fitted them, I was tempted! When I was looking at the China lockers I noticed the e-locker Riccy mentioned.

Riccy wrote: You could be the first in the UK to try an e-locker for a jimny as well...

@Riccy I had seen these, wasn't sure of how well they'd be built and wasn't sure I wanted to be the guinea pig :lol: Got a trip away in a couple of months, when I get back I might give one a go...

My green laner build

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2019 20:40 #202707 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic My green laner project
I also read up on e-lockers, but i found alot of people struggling with them.. Do youre research before you buy, as it might be just spesific brands that has issues.
Alot of good videos about it on YT, positive and negative.

More
07 Feb 2019 08:33 #202721 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic My green laner project
ahtr - some great photos there - thank you for sharing those!
Where did you get the Denso sensor and how much was it in the end?

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahtr

More
07 Feb 2019 11:24 #202726 by ahtr

Max Headroom wrote: Where did you get the Denso sensor and how much was it in the end?

Lambda was £61 from sparkplugs.co.uk, cheapest place I could find at the time.

My green laner build
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

More
07 Feb 2019 19:40 #202756 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic My green laner project
Thank you for that. Mine's a 2006 VVT so I need to try and establish the correct part - it may not be the same as the one you needed

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
07 Feb 2019 21:30 - 07 Feb 2019 21:31 #202768 by ahtr

Max Headroom wrote: Thank you for that. Mine's a 2006 VVT so I need to try and establish the correct part - it may not be the same as the one you needed

Think it might be the same as the non-VVT but would be worth double checking. One in the manifold is Denso DOX-0354. One after the cat in the exhaust is Denso DOX-0350.

My green laner build
Last edit: 07 Feb 2019 21:31 by ahtr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds