BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

My green laner project

More
15 Jul 2018 14:56 #194299 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic My green laner project
Looking great. If you need anything else drop me a pm. Loving the build

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 19:56 #194420 by ahtr
Replied by ahtr on topic My green laner project
Thanks for positive comments all.

Rockwatt cradle and box fitted. New rear prop from Jimnybits and picked up a cheap new middle prop from eurocarparts.

Took a few attempts to get the stick in the right place but got there in the end. New shift knob to remind me which ratio goes where ;)

MadsV, drives well, gearing is great now with lobster in. With the arb on its not much different from standard. With arb off it has a bit more roll but I find it ok.
On chassis used Hammerite underseal in aerosol cans with long straws to get into the hard to reach places. I know there's mixed reviews about it but I've used it before and never had an issue so just piled it on. On the places that can be seen like the around headlights and under bonnet I used some silver Hammerite I had knocking about in garage.

Also got round to fitting ply in to level rear floor out.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs
Attachments:

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2018 20:02 #194422 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic My green laner project
Ah nice! Waiting for my box from Redacted also, shouldnt be too long now.

More
25 Jul 2018 22:17 #194646 by ahtr
Took a front and rear spring out, jacked one side of axles up to measure for bump stop spacers. Ordered some rears from bits4vits, fronts coming from Jimmy Bits.

The vacuum hubs were working fine, but some of the hoses were looking a tad rusty and I like the reliability of manual hubs, so picked up some AVM's.

Stripped out the entire vacuum system.

Freed up some engine bay space where the valves/hoses/vacuum tank once lived.

Used some silicone blanks to cap where the hoses attached on the hubs and engine intake.

New hubs on. Easy to swap, undo 6 torx bolts and bolt the new hubs up.

Removed the 4wd controller from underneath drivers side dash, joined the 2 blue cables together (as shown here on the BigJimny Wiki pages) to make sure the 4wd light works as it should. I chose to cut, solder and heat shrink the cables (rather than use a link wire) as I have no intention of reinstating the vacuum system again! Went on a quick test drive to make sure it all works.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2018 12:13 #194656 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic My green laner project
Fitting some nice gear, it should make a very capable car.

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahtr

More
07 Aug 2018 22:01 #194908 by ahtr
Been out for a couple of hours tonight, sorted the extended bump stops.

Managed to get the rears off ok

But decided to cut off the captive nuts off the chassis and used a couple of bolts and washers to fix the new spacers (from bits4vits shop). Then threaded the old bump stops back in

Front ones came from Jimnybits, just pulled the old ones out and bolted the new ones right through the existing holes in chassis.

When changing the the transfer box the other week I noticed the rear engine/gearbox mount was shot. Swapped that out too B)

On the look out for a front winch bumper now if anyone has any recommendations...

My green laner build
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
21 Aug 2018 16:05 - 03 Sep 2018 19:43 #195330 by ahtr
Been out and done a few hundred miles now, took in a few easy lanes to break everything in.

;)

Had to chop front bumper corners to clear tyres but otherwise all seems ok.

RAM tablet mount fitted for running Memory Map on a cheap Lenovo. And a few Carling switches in place of the ashtray ready for lights etc.

This big box arrived today... Will trial fit tonight and see if I'm happy with it before posting pictures up :whistle:

My green laner build
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2018 19:43 by ahtr.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Aug 2018 18:23 #195336 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic My green laner project
Looking good

More
21 Aug 2018 22:32 #195343 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic My green laner project
Very tidy work.....nice one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ahtr

More
29 Aug 2018 15:38 #195533 by ahtr
Thanks guys!

So... I took a chance on a Chinese bumper. There's a UK seller on ebay knocking these out for £600 (which I think is insane, I paid less than half that for mine delivered) so knew if I didn't like it I'd be able to get my money back selling it on.

Loosely bolted it up, still needs a few tweaks but I'll do a proper fitting once I've picked a winch up. Had to trim a few bits, drill a couple of holes out and I've added some extra strengthening around winch mounting (probably being excessive!) but fairly happy.

My green laner build
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
29 Aug 2018 17:38 #195539 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic My green laner project
Looks very tidy. Do you have a link for where you got it from?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2018 20:50 #195545 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic My green laner project
Looks good

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds