BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
04 Jan 2019 18:05 #200016 by Riccy
Brett is also layed up from a shoulder operation yesterday (i forgot to say earlier).

You would have been fine there Sniper. The Blue/silver jimny driven by Darren was on 215/75 tyres and only a mild lift. Being smaller he skillfully missed the tree stump both up and down ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The topic has been locked.
More
26 Jan 2019 19:39 #201772 by X8GGY
Hello! Just popped by to say Hello and apologise for my absence... I was finally released from hospital yesterday after spending 22 days in their care... Pneumonia with diabetic complications, but I'm now hopefully back home and on the mend, just need time to build my weight and strength back up a bit...

I've probably had at least twenty IV lines in me of various concoctions, two chest drains where they've punctured through my back ribs to release fluid from around the lungs, 5 x-rays and a CT scan to boot.

I can't fault the NHS, it's the first time I've ever stayed in a hospital, and the care, professionalism and cheerfullness through it all is something we should be proud of.

There's a fair way to go though, building weight and strength back up (even the stairs are a struggle today!), and I'm now on insulin for my Diabetes, so I need to get a control on my sugars via self-injecting insulin, but getting there on that already as that started two weeks ago in hospital. I also need to let the DVLA know I've switched to insulin control too...

My next planned trip with the lads is late April, I've pulled out until then to sort myself out (next trip is 24/2 which is too close, and March trip is a weekend away which I don't think I'll be ready for by then).

So I'm back, recuperating, but it'll be a quiet 'build thread' for a while as I won't be spannering or greenlaning for a while, especially with the wife watching over me now ;)

I've been reading all the threads from my hospital bed though, surprised at how many members have already got new Jimnys!

All the best,
Dave ;)
More
26 Jan 2019 20:08 #201779 by jackonlyjack
More
26 Jan 2019 20:29 #201785 by gv42
ALL THE BEST ,it takes time ,
More
26 Jan 2019 20:31 #201786 by mlines
Really good to have you back, you have been missed!

Take it easy and take care

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
More
26 Jan 2019 20:59 #201793 by sniper
Listen to the wife mate, take it easy and recuperate at leisure if your able. Similar thing with me and it took a good 3 months to fully recover.

Get yourself some chicken casserole and make a pig of yourself....

sniper
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jan 2019 21:18 #201795 by Lambert
Oh Dave you sound like you've had a time of it. Very glad to hear your improving. Give it time and do what you are told by the medics! Best wishes buddy!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 Jan 2019 09:17 #201811 by Riccy
YES! hes back :-) Get well soon mate! Theres lanes with your name on them :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
More
27 Jan 2019 11:32 #201828 by 1390_taz
Great to here your getting better. I'm sure we all agree its good to here from you
More
28 Jan 2019 00:43 #201891 by helijohn
Like the others I wish all the best. You describe a rough time and so you need to build yourself up.............. take care.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
More
20 Feb 2019 08:32 - 20 Feb 2019 08:52 #203513 by kirkynut
I've only just read this Dave. Really sorry to read how unwell you've been. I served 10 days in hospital when I had a Stroke in 2014 (at 36) so I can empathise with you but it sounds like you had it worse off than I did!

Keep us updated with your recovery!

Kirkynut

Edit: I missed it on Bookface too! I don't get on the interweb as often as I used to pre child!

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 20 Feb 2019 08:52 by kirkynut.
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2019 08:46 #203515 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Only just seen this too Dave, sounds like you've had new fluids and a full service and will be running at 100% soon ;) all the best mate :)
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds