BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Dec 2018 07:15 #198737 by Lambert

helijohn wrote:

Lambert wrote: As all I could honesty say is negative I'm going to say nothing.

That reminds me of exam pages that say this is a blank page - or is that what you intended!!;) ;) :laugh:

As I get older, while my tolerance of idiots decreases, my belief in being polite is increasing. One doesn't always have to say something to make a point.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The topic has been locked.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
07 Dec 2018 07:17 #198738 by Lambert

S200KYS wrote: Thanks for all your supportive comments B)

WOW :blink: is it really 1:20 in the morning? :lol:

I've just finished editing all 25 blogs on the greenlaning.blog page that took over when the Bits4Vits blogs disappeared...

I've changed EVERY iPad map photo to -

To keep the greenlaning governing bodies 'happy; and so we don't show potential routes for those less responsible than ourselves to (ab)use...

Four hours of my life I won't get back, but a job well done...

Nighty night... ;)

That's an order of magnitude more time than I would have put to the task.

More
07 Dec 2018 08:19 #198739 by X8GGY

Lambert wrote: That's an order of magnitude more time than I would have put to the task.

Needs must :( It's silly season in the shop and post office this time of year, so not much time off in the week... :woohoo:
More
07 Dec 2018 10:33 - 07 Dec 2018 10:39 #198741 by Max Headroom
I think that's a really good job Dave! To me it shows a slight dig at their ridiculous attitude wthout actually saying anything, unless that was just my own wishful interpretation [smiley thumbs up needed here]

You certainly demonstrate more restraint than I would have; I'd have added some slightly acidic comment such as... "in spite of similar publicised information openly displayed on YouTube..."

Last night I was up late too, looking at lots of greenlaning videos interested in seeing if there are any ' very easy' routes in my area just to take an alternative drive out sometime..
Lo-and-behold! Its all there, complete with on-screen, boldly-written map references at the beginning of each lane! I must add that these were bikers and they weren't doing anything that appeared illegal, (they were conscientiously opening/closing gates etc). But as an ex-biker myself, I was astonished at the speed these guys appeared to be going (though video footage can be deceptive). So much so I'm certain that if they had encountered and surprised a horse and rider or even a dog not on a lead, there was the real potential for a drama. This seemed very much in contrast with the careful 'picking ones way along' witnessed in your blog.
To be honest I was a pretty dismayed with some of what I did find on YouTube, and with that in mind, it would seem the so-called "Governing Bodies of Greenlaning" are clearly castigating the wrong people, which as I said in a previous statement appears to be completely counterproductive to their cause and quite ridiculous

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 07 Dec 2018 10:39 by Max Headroom.
More
07 Dec 2018 11:40 #198743 by helijohn

Max Headroom wrote: it would seem the so-called "Governing Bodies of Greenlaning" are clearly castigating the wrong people,

That begs the question as to why!!
Sounds moronic to me that they have a go at those who are responsible and it smacks of them finding an "easy target" possibly to satisfy some memo or whatever to achieve targets in dealing with this. They are taking the ****. Seen this happen in other areas too like.................... well I won't mention specific institutions!!

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
More
08 Dec 2018 07:44 #198767 by X8GGY
THANKS ALL [mg]www.shropshire-suzuki.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/113.gif[/img]

Moving on... ;)

I washed the Jimny this week after Sunday's half day of greenlaning, and discovered under the mud...

Whatever stole Brett's door mirror also had a go at mine?! :S

Lump hammer will soo 'fix' that! :lol:
Attachments:
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
08 Dec 2018 10:57 #198771 by Lambert
Nah leave it. Chicks dig scars!

More
08 Dec 2018 11:57 #198774 by X8GGY

Lambert wrote: Nah leave it. Chicks dig scars!

I'm 51 and have been married 29.5 years!
More
08 Dec 2018 12:11 - 08 Dec 2018 12:13 #198775 by Max Headroom
Good Grief!

Nothing a lead-shot filled hammer couldn't dress-out very effectively ...and a man of your skills etc etc [thumbs-up smiley needed here]

stolen:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 08 Dec 2018 12:13 by Max Headroom.
More
18 Dec 2018 16:23 #199159 by X8GGY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Jan 2019 19:42 #199981 by Riccy
Dave is unwell :-( :sick: :sick:

Hes recovering from what sounds like a severe flu, All the best for a recovery mate :cheer:

As agreed, Crimbo laning went ahead (sadly without Dave), Junior Blogger Brett (aka Maverick) has been given the duties...

greenlaning.blog/2019/01/02/annual-chris...iog-valley-30-12-18/

Riccy ;-)

p.s.... thanks for the mug Dave :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert
More
04 Jan 2019 07:49 #199992 by sniper
Great looking trip gents, I'm lucky to have a few pretty spots like those locally. Sadly no lanes around them, some nice single track drives but no real off road stuff.

Puts that little bit of nettle rash I picked up in perspective, hardcore stuff on that tree stump. I think I might have bottled it.......

I am hopefully going to join you for the Peaks and Lakes trips this year, just waiting to hear from Brett.

Get well soon Dave, I'm nursing the nurse and know it's a pig of a bug. The wife's had it for the last week and she has been asleep or swearing......

sniper
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds