BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
09 Nov 2018 12:07 #197520 by mlines

S200KYS wrote: And thank YOU for persevering with fixing the attachments issue ;)

Another donation to your fine forum fund coming soon (as soon as I sell something!)

Dave

many thanks for the donation, it was used this morning to increase the disk space on this website.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The topic has been locked.
More
09 Nov 2018 13:47 - 09 Nov 2018 13:47 #197522 by X8GGY
:woohoo: that'll be all my photos! ;)

Happy to help...

Dave B)
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 13:47 by X8GGY.
More
13 Nov 2018 15:34 #197635 by X8GGY
We've been out and about again!

This time around Flintshire and Denbighshire...

Here's the blog - greenlaning.blog/2018/11/13/greenlaning-north-wales-11-11-18/

Enjoy!
Dave
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Nov 2018 16:01 #197637 by Lambert
Thank you for sharing.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
13 Nov 2018 17:25 #197641 by jackonlyjack
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY
More
13 Nov 2018 17:27 #197642 by maverick
Where are you then GV42?

Jalapeño, IISY?
More
14 Nov 2018 08:08 #197650 by sniper
Looks a great day out gents, I'm still struggling to get my 4L issue sorted. As soon as I get a few quid put to one side so I can address it, something else comes along and robs my savings...... brakes last time.

As soon as I can get sorted, I'll be hoping to make another trip. It would be a shame to not make the peaks with you guys in the new year.

Riccy..... Don't suppose you've still got that spare push button box have you ??????

sniper
More
14 Nov 2018 16:09 #197655 by X8GGY
Hi Sniper ;)

I've spoken to Riccy and he's got a couple... PM him ;)

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper
More
17 Nov 2018 15:55 #197722 by X8GGY
Thursday was my 51st Birthday, so I'd given myself the day off, but I needed a few things from the 'local' Cash & Carry... so I thought I'd take S200KYS out for a little 'Thursday Trundle', just a few green lanes on a scenic route there... ;)

I drove a couple of lanes on the way that I knew to be safe on my own, i.e. in two ways - on my own in the Jimny, and also having no backup vehicle with me either... but, S200KYS is quite capable, having a winch either end, etc... But I would generally recommend NOT greenlaning on your own!

We'd heard through the greenlaning grapevine that a 'lane we'd never been able to drive fully was due to be opened around this time... the council and land-owner had been in talks and come to an agreement to open it up, and the council had instructed a contractor to fit a standard sized five bar gate, where only a small pedestrian gate had been fitted before, over a BOAT (ByWay Open to All Traffic) -

So, where the water course crosses the BOAT in the middle of the map above, we'd only ever been able to drive up to the small gate and then turn around and go back down again, and from the top down to the small gate and back up again... But, when I went on Thursday...

A nice new gate had appeared! I got out for a look as it looked like a job still in progress, but the gate was hung and working, and it seemed the contractor just had a bit of the fencing to finish off... so...

It would be rude not to? I was keen to be one of the first to drive it now it was open, and to provide photos back to the community :)

And then through the 'lane heading south west...

My next port of call was the 'lane we know as "Pennant" in the Conwy valley. That has a TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) on it, saying the 'lane (another BOAT) was closed for repairs for safety reasons. The local council's Rights of Way team said they were waiting for the contractor to start work, so I thought I'd pop round and have a look...

Parked up at the southern end...

There was a TRO notice on the gate and this sign beyond it, so I climbed over the stile and wandered down the 'lane...

This is looking back up the 'lane showing the red cone we'd passed before, and a bit of a slip towards the edge...

So I walked up a little junction off the lane to a field gate and took this photo from the side... You can see a large section of the retaining wall has collapsed, it looks like the culvet under the wall has eroded it away...

No wonder they've closed it for now... but 'progress' on the works seems rather slow?

Anyway, that was it, I then wandered over to the Cash & Carry to pick up some supplies for our shop, I just thought I'd share my "Thursday Trundle" photos and findings...
More
17 Nov 2018 19:59 #197728 by sniper
Lucky to have that on your doorstep Dave, Happy Birthday mate.

sniper
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Nov 2018 04:56 #197737 by Lambert
Happy birthday Dave!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
04 Dec 2018 15:42 - 05 Dec 2018 17:51 #198624 by X8GGY
We were out on Sunday for a days greenlaning in North Wales, but unfortunately for me it clashed with my Dad's 80th birthday, where all the family gathered for a meal in a local hotel, so it wasn't something I could miss ;) So I'd told the lads that I couldn't make it...

But at the eleventh hour I was thinking that as they were meeting for breakfast at 8am three miles from my house it would be rude not to go and meet them for a chat and a fry-up?... Hmmm, that then esculated in my tiny brain... my Dad's Do wasn't until 1:30pm? So I could spend the morning with the lads? ;)

So I joined them for the first 12 of 20 'lanes, and then peeled off home for a shower, and then out for a roast dinner and a few pints... the best of both worlds?

So the others are compiling the rest of the blog, I've started the skeleton of it, so here's a few preview photos I took (I'll link the blog when it's finished)...

The route, drawn in pencil by our-Alan and then on MemoryMap by Brett ;)

Gathered outside the Whistlestop Cafe near Rhuddlan for breakfast

Four Jimnys and a SWB Grand Vitara ;)

"Mercies sakes, looks like we've got us a convoy!" :woohoo:

As I say, more in the blog soon... another epic day out B)
Last edit: 05 Dec 2018 17:51 by X8GGY.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds