BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Sep 2018 15:55 #196027 by Lambert
No excuses for not fitting that screen! Hope he's in a good mood. The last one I had done was by a seriously grumpy git, though he was replacing the replacement he cracked when fitting it first.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The topic has been locked.
More
18 Sep 2018 18:15 - 18 Sep 2018 20:27 #196097 by X8GGY
Done this morning...

No drama... cuppa and a KitKat always helps ;)

Soft-top protection bars, bonnet top grill, snorkel top and guard, and wiper arms to go back on tomorrow... and may even treat it to some new wiper blades :woohoo: .... and two new batteries to fit :( and it’ll be alright for another few years ‘laning... :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Sep 2018 20:27 by X8GGY.
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
19 Sep 2018 04:21 #196108 by Lambert
Excellent.

More
19 Sep 2018 12:27 #196122 by X8GGY
All back together :)

And two new batteries fitted too...

All ready for our next trip on the 7th of October to the Lake District to drive the best ‘lanes in one day!

:woohoo:
Attachments:
More
19 Sep 2018 16:54 #196127 by ahtr
Looking good, there's something strangely satisfying about having a shiny new windscreen.

What batteries do you go for?

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs
More
19 Sep 2018 18:30 - 19 Sep 2018 18:30 #196129 by X8GGY
I asked my mate in the local tyre bay to get me a branded one as the engine battery, so he got me a Varta.

The battery for the two winches is a direct replacement, another Odyssey PC1200, the old one having done four yours sterling service ;)
Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 18:30 by X8GGY.
More
11 Oct 2018 05:38 - 11 Oct 2018 05:39 #196648 by X8GGY
Last edit: 11 Oct 2018 05:39 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert
More
14 Oct 2018 16:36 - 14 Oct 2018 16:36 #196758 by X8GGY
Today's Job... MOT Prep' 2018

The S200KYS Jimny's MOT ran out on the 7th of October, so it's booked in for an MOT on Wednesday morning, the 16th...

So today I set about fixing the issues I knew about in readiness for the test...

1. Engine Management Light on - :( For the last couple of greenlaning trips my engine management light has been on, but the engine seems to run fine? So I started the day by plugging in the AUTOOL OBD2 Reader I reviewed some time ago... That let me read the error code, and then reset it! I then turned the ignition off and back on a few times and the EML stayed off :) Otherwise that would be a fail on the MOT.

2. Mis-spaced number plates - My Jimny's registration should be displayed as "S200 KYS" by I had the normal plates made as "S200KYS" so it reads (hopefully!) as 'SUZUKIS" (well, that's the idea anyway!) So I have a pair of perfectly spaced plates in the garage to swap on for the MOT test...

3. Popped Rear Radius Arm Bush - I noticed this a while ago, and thought it was time to sort it... as I run two-piece polyurethane bushes in the radius arms and have a lot of flex in the suspension, sometimes half of a bush set can actually pop out as they wear and flex so much. So I dropped the radius arm off below the axle and popped the offending bush out, slid a new one in with some grease, and then fought to get the radius arm back into position to get a new pair of bolts on to reattach it... something I usually do as a matter of course when things are dis-assembled.

4. Rear Lights playing up - Noticeable in a few passed trip blogs in Brett's YouTube Videos TM my nearside rear light and brake light have ceased to work, and when I'm indicated right at a junction and press the brake, the offside indicator and brake light transform into a disco light, and everything flashes together!!! :( It was getting late in the day so I flew to Halfords to get some Crimplock connection blocks thinking I'd have to fix an earth problem somewhere... £3.70 for about 8 in a hanging pack... robbing gets! :lol: I got back and discovered when I took the nearside light out, that it had infact just blown (it was all grey inside) and that was both causing it not to work (obviously) and was also causing the problem with the offside disco light... once I'd replaced the nearside bulb everything worked okay... :)

5. Number Plate Light - Whilst messing with the rear lights, and testing all the lights afterwards, I discovered the number plate light wasn't working either... on taking it apart that too had blown?! :( too much dipping the (hot) lights in (cold) water maybe? ;)

6. Windscreen - the cracked-in-four-places windscreen that has scraped through the last two years' MOTs was no-way going to pass this time, so that was replaced through the insurance a few weeks ago...

So, I think... as far as I know... it's ready for the MOT on Wednesday morning... we'll see what Dave the MOT Tester at my local garage thinks... he's always firm but fair! :(
Last edit: 14 Oct 2018 16:36 by X8GGY.
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
14 Oct 2018 17:36 - 14 Oct 2018 17:37 #196762 by Riccy
Best of luck :woohoo:

Another cracking blog by-the-way :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 14 Oct 2018 17:37 by Riccy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY
  • Lambert
    Registered
More
14 Oct 2018 17:48 #196763 by Lambert
Let us know how you get on, certainly sounds like you've been thorough.

The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY
More
14 Oct 2018 18:27 #196765 by X8GGY

Riccy wrote: Best of luck :woohoo:

Another cracking blog by-the-way :-)

Thanks Riccy (and Lambert)...

BUT, it still surprise me how little response the blogs get?

Take this latest trip, we took five Jimnys to the Valhalla of Greenlaning, the Lake District, Cumbria, and we get very little response? :( On, the biggest Jimny forum?...

More
14 Oct 2018 20:52 - 14 Oct 2018 21:02 #196770 by mlines
42 people clicked through on the laning blog during this week. i.e actually left this website to read the blog out of 192 readers of the basic forum article.

This makes it the 4th most popular article this week

The previous article 42 people again clicked through of 220 people who read the article

General whole site statistics for this week....

Page Views

Unique Page Views

Avg. Time on Page
00:01:53

Bounce Rate
55.64%

% Exit
30.92%

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 14 Oct 2018 21:02 by mlines.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds