BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

What's your 'other' car?

More
19 Nov 2018 18:34 #197803 by Max Headroom
Wow! Nice Mini, Daniel!
I tend to 'rejoice' at the sight of a PROPER mini - theyre not seen very often nowadays.
I owned several but never had any luck with them, and the Mini-bug never bit me.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Nov 2018 18:58 - 19 Nov 2018 18:59 #197805 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What's your 'other' car?
Thanks,
A mini was my first ever car sold it and bought another, had a mg metro engine in it and went really well this has a 1330 big head and cam etc certainly goes well, I have always had the bug and finally found another ;)

Actually it was lamberts fault talking about cafe racers a few months ago, got me thinking :D
Last edit: 19 Nov 2018 18:59 by Daniel30.

More
19 Nov 2018 19:24 - 19 Nov 2018 19:27 #197807 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic What's your 'other' car?
Love the mini..
Have you seen Project Binky on youtube?
Standard mini shell with 2ltr turbo Celica 4x4 running gear.. Its a work of art but not finish. Watch from episode 1 if you like to see people welding and vehicle modifications.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 19 Nov 2018 19:27 by Scimike.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Nov 2018 19:43 #197810 by Daniel30
Thanks
Yes I have what clever people they are still have to watch the episode about the flexi shaft to turn the alternator :) part one just out great prodject ;)

• Caelite
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Nov 2018 19:48 #197811 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic What's your 'other' car?
I love the old mini's. Have been considering one to replace my MX5. Would love one with a Honda B series motor.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Nov 2018 20:24 #197816 by Daniel30
Yeah...... but a well sorted a series is just as much fun with a quarter of the hassle :D

More
19 Nov 2018 21:13 #197820 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic What's your 'other' car?

Max Headroom wrote: Wow! Nice Mini, Daniel!
I tend to 'rejoice' at the sight of a PROPER mini - theyre not seen very often nowadays.
I owned several but never had any luck with them, and the Mini-bug never bit me.

I follow a Morris traveller now and then....has the wood if that's the version........looks its age!

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
28 Nov 2018 22:03 #198312 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic What's your 'other' car?
Project Binky is awesome! I've watched it from the start and have several bits of Bad Obsession Motorsport clothing.

My Jimny is quite modified and whilst I've contemplated using it as a daily and have had to for a few weeks at a time, it requires dedication.

My daily is a 2003 BMW E46 320i saloon automatic. Not an exciting drive but as you can't move for traffic around our way it makes sense. It's got the Mtec 1 bumpers, Eibach lowering springs and nice 18" wheels. So a little bit of what is becoming retro class.

Importantly for me, I can maintain and repair it, albeit it's needed a bit too much attention this year.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
29 Nov 2018 08:49 #198331 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic What's your 'other' car?

kirkynut wrote: Not an exciting drive but as you can't move for traffic around our way it makes sense. Kirkynut

I am a littler surprised by your preference but I have never driven a "lifted" vehicle so wouldn't know what the drawbacks are. Back in Brum the traffic was bad but tended generally to be fairly fast moving. Traffic is one reason I got the (auto) Celerio - it is undoubtedly a brilliant town car. What I find is that being low down is frustrating particularly in traffic which is why, in principle, I would go for a lifted Jimny but it would have to be an automatic to deal with crawling traffic. Since going auto full time back in the nineteen nineties I could never go back to manual shifting. The Celerio gives a fair elevated driving position but is no match for something like a Discovery for anticipating traffic.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Stevie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 21:21 #198403 by Stevie
Replied by Stevie on topic What's your 'other' car?
Mine are all used as daily drives, just depends on the weather. Never thought I'd own a Jimny and consider it my luxury vehicle! What I love about them all is the ease of working on them and the wonderful community that buys them.

Steve

Attachments:

• paradox1001
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 21:40 #198406 by paradox1001
Replied by paradox1001 on topic Re:What's your 'other' car?
My jimny is my daily drive

I’m slowly restoring this at the same time

More
29 Nov 2018 22:50 #198415 by Max Headroom
What is it???

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds