BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

What did I do today.......

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2018 21:45 - 22 Apr 2018 21:45 #192043 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic What did I do today.......
I'm an RC guy myself, been doing alot of cars and acro planes, but the last two years has been all about FPV Drone flying (flying looking through google's, with 100mph racedrones)
This is what i do almost every day, if i got time for it..

Check out my short compilation video from last year to get an idea :)

Last edit: 22 Apr 2018 21:45 by OlaGB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2018 22:13 #192044 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did I do today.......
I've got to say that's one of the best things I've seen for a long time....... Fantastic ;)

More
22 Apr 2018 23:15 #192045 by Max Headroom
Thanks Eskimo!
We passed through your neck of the woods (I think) on the return journey; Pershore area, right?
Frustratingly we didn't see any Jimnys to wave at other than a hugely modified black beast just the other side of Holt Heath which may have been a Samurai - but I didn't really know what I was looking at to be honest!
Then on the way back we passed a standard Silver Jimny steadily heading along the dual carriageway between Ombersley and Hawford - my son was waving frantically at the driver who just stared blankly at us :laugh:
Its the first time I've driven it anywhere with the roof fully down and it was very pleasurable, however its really is the most impractical rear door arrangement ever, and I now resort to climbing over the seats to get at any clobber in the boot area!

That RC car/course - I watched it again - I couldn't get over the accuracy and control of the thing!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
22 Apr 2018 23:21 - 22 Apr 2018 23:24 #192046 by Max Headroom
OlaGB

Holy Cow! That's utterly stunning! :ohmy:

Last edit: 22 Apr 2018 23:24 by Max Headroom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OlaGB

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2018 07:12 #192049 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:What did I do today.......

OlaGB wrote: I'm an RC guy myself, been doing alot of cars and acro planes, but the last two years has been all about FPV Drone flying (flying looking through google's, with 100mph racedrones)
This is what i do almost every day, if i got time for it..

Check out my short compilation video from last year to get an idea :)

Fantastic, tell us more. Big drone? Expensive?

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2018 10:37 #192056 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Re:What did I do today.......

MadsV wrote: Fantastic, tell us more. Big drone? Expensive?

25cm motor to motor, self built (there are pre built for sale also), and you need alot of batteries (2-4min flights), radio, goggles with video reciever, and a battery charger (Lipo batteries)..

Price tag varies, but for OK beginner equipment (everything you need) maybe £1000 , to £2500 for top notch..
About £4-500 for just a drone itself (just the flying thing, no other equipment)
Plus a gopro, if you want that..

Not the easiest to fly, but there are good PC simulators to practise in..
They do handle even hard crashes very good, mostly just breaking cheap propellers..

More
23 Apr 2018 14:09 - 23 Apr 2018 14:13 #192069 by Max Headroom
Ola, I've just been looking at some of your other videos on YouTube...

What a beautiful and stunning playground!
I like some of your music too

I've been to Norway many times but only seen it buried under snow :( when I was with the RAF (we spent three months there every year - Jan Feb March)
Whereabouts are these films taken?

Last edit: 23 Apr 2018 14:13 by Max Headroom.

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2018 15:30 #192071 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Re:What did I do today.......

Max Headroom wrote: Ola, I've just been looking at some of your other videos on YouTube...

What a beautiful and stunning playground!
I like some of your music too

I've been to Norway many times but only seen it buried under snow :( when I was with the RAF (we spent three months there every year - Jan Feb March)
Whereabouts are these films taken?

Thanks!
Music is actually one of the hard parts when making videos like this.. To find something "most people" like, harmonize with the footage, that youtube actually allows without restriction..

April to december is mostly snow free all over Norway, except in the mountains ofcourse..
All my videos are from the area i live, Sunndalsora..
Vinnufossen, the huge waterfall in the video, is the 6th highest waterfall in the world (so they say), and thats 2 kilometers from my house :)

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2018 16:54 #192073 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:What did I do today.......
Watched all the movies, if the day comes that im not spending all my money on jimny parts i will check this stuff out! Blessed with mountains here also

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
23 Apr 2018 17:17 #192076 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:What did I do today.......
Holy cow! thats a rollercoaster for the eyeballs! Top video Ola

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
23 Apr 2018 17:59 #192077 by Max Headroom
Oh wow that's a fair way north.
When I was there with the RAF, we always started off in Voss (Bømoen army base) where we were in proper accommodation and did a lot of arctic survival and avalanche classwork and a bit of camping in the hills, snow-holes included. While doing that we were also operating 33 Sqn Puma helicopters from the airfield there. I have happy memories of Voss because I had plenty of time off and learned to ski there.
After a few weeks in Voss we'd head north (usually by ferry and usually to Trondheim) then drive endless miles in trucks with all our equipment and set-up camp somewhere, from then on we would be in tents. Everything was fine so long as the weather didn't thaw.
Sometimes we would have to advance or retreat, packing up the camp to move - folding up canvas tents that had thawed and frozen again was like folding sheets of steel.

I've been showing your videos to friends family; even the neighbours! Everyone is completely blown away by the scenery and the videos - the bike chase down that track is outrageous.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OlaGB

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2018 22:28 #192091 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic What did I do today.......
WOW that's some awesome flying Ola......amazing control, have to admit I would love to do drone flying, but so far each time I've tried to fly its ended in tears so have given up on that for the moment.

Have to say your very lucky living in Norway, I think it's probably one of my favourite countries (England is always first though ;) :laugh: ) worked over there many times in the summer and winter. Such a beautiful country and stunning scenery, still to make it further north than Bergen, but will make it one day. Most of my trips have been around Kristiansand area and Oslo.

Definitely going to bring my Son over and see if we can see the northern lights one winter, even tempted to do a road trip from south to north and back, although my wife isn't quite as excited about that idea as me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds