BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Remote locking

More
27 May 2018 20:25 #192986 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Celerio
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis came on Friday.

I found out the other day that the passenger side sill was being scuffed to blazes because SWOM can't be bothered to lift her heels over it.
I just fitted it.
When it came to fitting it I started to wish I had paid 4 times the price to get a "genuine" Celerio set; one that was contoured to fit. I might as well have used red Duck tape.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yebaws
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2019 15:42 #209317 by yebaws
Replied by yebaws on topic Remote locking
Recently picked up a 2017 Celerio. Happy with the car, but disappointed that my version doesn't have remote locking (thought this should surely be standard these days?). However, pleased to find out that, as it has central locking, I can pick up a box on amazon with a couple of fobs that will do the job. Need to get to the wire on the driver side door and the wiring for the hazard lights. Could just take the door trim off to get to the central locking wiring, but I'm not sure that the box that picks up the fob signals would fit in the door so I'd have to run the cables to where it would fit (probably under dash) anyway. So need to find the central locking cables here and hazard light cables. I'll work it out with a bit of effort I'm sure, but interested to know if anybody else has fitted one of these - they could save me some bother if they can isolate cables :)

More
31 May 2019 17:13 #209322 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Remote locking

yebaws wrote: Recently picked up a 2017 Celerio. Happy with the car, but disappointed that my version doesn't have remote locking (thought this should surely be standard these days?). However, pleased to find out that, as it has central locking, I can pick up a box on amazon with a couple of fobs that will do the job. Need to get to the wire on the driver side door and the wiring for the hazard lights. Could just take the door trim off to get to the central locking wiring, but I'm not sure that the box that picks up the fob signals would fit in the door so I'd have to run the cables to where it would fit (probably under dash) anyway. So need to find the central locking cables here and hazard light cables. I'll work it out with a bit of effort I'm sure, but interested to know if anybody else has fitted one of these - they could save me some bother if they can isolate cables :)

I have fitted a few of these in the past but not to my Celerio as it already has RCL as standard. Mine was top of the range as I wanted automatic.;) What do you think of the Celerio?

More
31 May 2019 17:18 #209325 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Remote locking
My wife has the remote fob to the Jimny and I've got the basic key lol
That's what they came with. I used to think on my daughters Alto they could have left the central locking off it and sold it cheaper as you could esily reach the locks from inside lol

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• yebaws
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2019 20:56 #209355 by yebaws
Replied by yebaws on topic Remote locking

helijohn wrote:

yebaws wrote: What do you think of the Celerio?

I like it. it was a big downsize for us after selling a hyundai santa fe that was costing a fortune to keep on the road. We still have a 2002 Grand Vitara (now off the road as it was failing MOT's due to rust) which will no doubt run for many years to come.

Celerio (we call it the Celery) is surprisingly good to drive for a small car - responsive and stable feeling - and feels roomy inside. My main gripes would be the small wheels (you feel every little pebble you drive over on the hardcore track up to our house) and the noise when you get up to speed or when it rains - I don't think there is any sound damping anywhere. But for the money I can't complain...

More
31 May 2019 21:57 #209358 by helijohn

yebaws wrote: My main gripes would be the small wheels (you feel every little pebble you drive over on the hardcore track up to our house) and the noise when you get up to speed or when it rains - I don't think there is any sound damping anywhere. But for the money I can't complain...

yes I cured both of those problems.
The first is easy.....................change the tyres. Suzuki fit tyres that give mileage economy and if you are happy to do a few mpg less then change them. Also go a size wider. The difference is phenomenal.......certain surfaced roads create intolerable noise.
The second took me a lot longer; sound deadening underseal. As you can see there is little or no underbody protection so use a sound deadening underseal. It makes a lot of difference. Also in order to get the Db rating down they engineered the tyre noise to go up into the arch top so that when the car passes by Db meters or people the sound seems lessened. Get the arches well insulated. As well as that I put sound deadening insulation pads in the tailgate and you will find the spare wheel well acts like a sound box - fill it with a real wheel and tyre and insulate the complete boot floor. I could go on for hours but bottom line is this; the road noise was initially a shock and almost intolerable. I expect the reason so many Cherrys (SIC) are around second hand is the noise but I can honestly say I reduced it by about 70% with those simple changes.
There was a forum I was on where the Cherry had a section all its own but the forum was closed down - it was a suzuki forum (suzuki4u) - and all my mods were detailed there.
The Cherry is a marvel for a three pot and is, even in auto, a pocket rocket. It will do high speeds no problem though recovery from after slowing like you would do at a bend can be a little frustrating so, because it can do it, I go round bends rapidly, it corners like on rails.

More
09 Jun 2019 23:59 #209787 by helijohn

yebaws wrote: Recently picked up a 2017 Celerio.

I have just about bought an Ignis. It needs a test drive and I have to drive for 3 hours in the Celerio to get to it. So it looks like all being well my Celerio is going. 2017 with 5000 on it.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2019 09:04 - 11 Jun 2019 09:04 #209840 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Remote locking
Blimey that was quick, did you not get on with the Celerio?
Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 09:04 by Daniel30.

More
11 Jun 2019 09:38 #209845 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Remote locking
I would imagine that, like me, you want a car to be different or have some soul lol
As a car the Celerio works and gets you around but,to me, they are a bit bland. I actually liked the preceeding Alto lol
I had a similar moment some years ago when I bought a 1.5 Swift. It did everything I wanted and performed well with no problems BUT it was just a car. I went back to a Jimny lol

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

More
11 Jun 2019 11:34 #209847 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Blimey that was quick, did you not get on with the Celerio?

Actually I love it. The driver is very cramped unless you do something about the seating.Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, know what I mean!!
I bought it as a long term keeper so I would know its history and sorted it specially with that in mind.
It is very economical blah blah blah. Very quick blah blah blah. I have no complaints about the car. I suppose I have to admit that the roads up here are not kind to city cars but loads have them from little Hyundis to Fiat 500.
I just hated the PCP deal disliking the handback situation at the end of 42 months. Then I saw an Ignis in black and thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. I believe the Ignis in 4x4 is generally nowadays a more sensible choice for me plus I have my Pajero for 4x4 duties but the auto meant no 4x4..

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds