BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 May 2019 04:28 #208074 by Lambert
The way you're describing that it sounds very suspicious? No public liability insurance? Does it have planning permission for a non agricultural use? What happens if the police turn up because of a complaint from a neighbour?

At least with places like parkwood they are run as an actual business with proper legal regulation.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2019 05:12 #208079 by mlines

Scimike wrote: Hi Martin,
It's great you are looking into big Jimny meet up, but I understand it can be difficult balancing cost against those attending. Done it myself in the past, lots of phoning and planning involved.
Due to this we have started to attend sites like Wagtail. You phone the farmer and put a claim on the date required, then everyone just turns up on the day, you have fun, individuals pay the farmer. No deposits, no need for liability insurance (everyone just turns up, it's not an organised event), and those that want can camp pay the farmer extra, simple.
Saves a lot of hard work and worry.
Just a suggestion, carry on which ever way feels better.

Hi,

This only works with a standard "Pay and Play" event. i.e. everyone turns up at a Parkwood, Devils Pit etc organised event where the site owners organised and advertised the event.

The moment as you said "you phone the farmer and put a claim on the date" then whoever the "you" is has organised the event, its not a schedule day. Also, In order for the event to be exclusive most people want a deposit.

We did exactly what you described at Wagtail last time and the farmer simply took the money from anyone (i.e. Non-Jimny owners) that turned up, no deposit = not your event. At Wagtail people turn up most weekend "on spec" to see if they can just drive around and he is happy to take your money.

He should have public liability and the organisers should have public liability

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
16 May 2019 05:18 #208080 by sniper
Martin,
If there is anything that can be done remotely, I am able to give you some time on the PC or phone and would be happy to help.

sniper

More
16 May 2019 05:41 #208085 by mlines
Hi,

Thanks for the offer. At this stage is pretty straight forward. Just waiting for the insurance to confirm they accept the cover.

Once that is done then help drumming up support would be good.

On the day some organisational help would be appreciated

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
16 May 2019 05:48 #208088 by Andy2640

mlines wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the offer. At this stage is pretty straight forward. Just waiting for the insurance to confirm they accept the cover.

Martin

Morning Martin, thats good to hear. And thank you for arranging this, I for one appreciate it.

I would be happy to help wherever needed. I moonlight as a steward, and am used to organising things. Just give me the nod, happy to help!

Cheers.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

More
16 May 2019 07:11 #208098 by sniper

mlines wrote: Hi,

Martin

Once the dates are firm, I'll start pushing on all the platforms I use..... Jimny exclusive.

No problem with help on the day, I'll be traveling down the night before and staying locally, so I can be on site as early as you might need me.

I was thinking about asking Jack Onlyjack if he was going and if so, would he help set up a trials course. I have just started going to trials and they are great fun at low speed. You can set the course to be really technical in places for the heavily modified cars and give an easy option for the road cars to go through the same gate. Allowing all to compete fairly.

Only need 26 bamboo canes, white card and red card for the numbers and a few hours to set out.

If it's something you think would be a good idea, let me know and I will work towards it..... Might even be able to have a word with some old welding buddies and come up with a "scrapheap challenge" type trophy.

sniper

More
16 May 2019 07:28 #208100 by Gadget
Anyone found a decent campsite in the area? I've only had a chance for a quick Google but didn't spot anything.

More
16 May 2019 07:37 #208101 by sniper
Weekend of the 20th I'm at a wedding......

sniper

More
16 May 2019 11:17 #208108 by mlines
Looking like it will happen as I seem to have found an insurance company.

Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Gadget

More
16 May 2019 12:26 #208114 by Bill Portland

Gadget wrote: Anyone found a decent campsite in the area? I've only had a chance for a quick Google but didn't spot anything.

both front seats lay flat (just saying :whistle: )

More
16 May 2019 13:33 #208115 by Gadget
Yeah, but a toilet and shower might be nice! :lol:

More
16 May 2019 14:03 #208117 by mlines
Date announced!

Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds