BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

no longer required, thanks. WTD- centre console gear surround

• NineCherries
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 15:47 - 26 Feb 2019 00:21 #203761 by NineCherries
Hello. Does anyone have the centre console piece that goes around the gear stick and towards the dash?

I’m about to install an amateur radio but to get a neat job I’ll need to modify this panel to suit and me being me I’d rather I kept the original mint or at least have a replacement part to hand if I ever change my mind.

The cheaper the better please as it’s only for a spare but also in as good a condition as poss. If you’re not in centra Scotland I’d happily pay for myhermes or the like for postage.

Thanks in advance
Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 26 Feb 2019 00:21 by NineCherries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Feb 2019 17:45 #203765 by Riccy
Airbag controller is under there, not a lot of room to be gained from chopping it up im afraid.

There is enough space to screw into the plastic under the ashtray to have a bracket holding the CB from above, roughly where you have it in the picture (thats how mine is mounted, but my CB is a lot smaller than that one).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
24 Feb 2019 18:55 #203775 by jackonlyjack
I might have a console :) what year is yours ?
You could relocate cb in to glove box ;)

• NineCherries
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 22:28 #203785 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic Re:WTD- centre console gear surround
Hi cheers for replying.

My Jimny is a 2008 with push button 4wd.

I’ll need to look under it then to see if shaving it will make any difference or not I don’t need a massive cut (I think)

I did think about the glove box too but I liked the idea of it being console mounted

Like the way I’m holding it here just further back into the dash. I’ll try and have a look Monday after work and try to figure out if my trim would interfere with the important abs thingy.

• NineCherries
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 22:31 #203786 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic Re:WTD- centre console gear surround
This is the bit I had intended to shave/ trim off. Roughly along the yellow cut line.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Feb 2019 05:27 #203799 by Lambert
I had intended to do something similar but different with mine. There's literally a 4 or 5 mm clearance of the abs module under the plastic. Sorry.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• NineCherries
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2019 00:20 #203844 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic WTD- centre console gear surround

Lambert wrote: I had intended to do something similar but different with mine. There's literally a 4 or 5 mm clearance of the abs module under the plastic. Sorry.

Cheers.

Back to the drawing board. :(

More
26 Feb 2019 10:10 #203848 by Hanslow
Would you be able to separate the control panel from the internals to allow you to then mount the internal circuitry in one place, but just have the fascia control panel under the centre console gap where it looks like it'll fit? Would obviously mean you somewhat butchering the unit but give you options for (partly) achieving what you're after.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
26 Feb 2019 17:35 #203864 by Riccy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis is the CB I use, which does fit in the space you are wanting to put it (really small):

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
26 Feb 2019 19:15 #203868 by mlines
I am also fitting a small CB (I know you were fitting a Ham Radio - de G1SEO)

My last one was low down and succumbed to water ingestion. I was looking at going up higher.

I was going to try and convert the space below the broadcast radio (which has a clock in it) as it is close to double DIN (well 1.98 DIN really) but I think it will not work out well, looking too home made due to the work/cutting involved.

Therefore thinking about simply putting it on top of the dashboard??? Does this tend to look bodged, is it a cut too far? What below the tray (just the air vents?)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Feb 2019 05:28 #203878 by Lambert
I'd mount that flat without the brackets direct with some Velcro. The bracket makes it look odd?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• NineCherries
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Mar 2019 18:21 #204034 by NineCherries
I kinda have a plan as I don’t want it on top of the dash (but I can understand why you’d want to Martin), I’ve already fitted a double din head unit so that space is used up, and I have already bought this ham radio (at a fantastic price from another radio enthusiast) I picked up a 90° adapter for the antenna plug which helps a little with clearance and if take a small notch out of the hot air duct that points to the foot area I might be able to get it to fit in better.

I’ll sleep on the idea and weather depending I’ll maybe have a go tomorrow. If I do, I’ll start a new thread in a more suitable section of the forum with the solution.

Cheers again folks.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds