BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

TOE HITCH

More
21 Jan 2019 15:58 #201338 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:TOE HITCH
Looks very much the same as my THULE hitch. It was the one that was best tucked up beneath the car. I did not want it to be dragging when offroading.

Before you mount it you might want to check if your rear exhaust box need replacing as the hitch might obstruct the passage down for the muffler.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2019 16:35 #201344 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Re:TOE HITCH
Yakuza I hear you . Have the exhaust out as I need to get a new section from the gear box up to the meeting just before the exhaust manifold. Got my trail light wires fished in from left to right this morning really pleased with this mod .

Looking for a switch to plumb in my rear spot light (on the floor in pic) thinking of mounting it internally adjacent to the break light . Water proof , protected and less lightly to be swep off by a tree or a furs bush etc .

Does anyone want the old lenses

J

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2019 21:57 #201457 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic TOE HITCH
Ok Lads the TOW Hitch arrived and so did my brain TOE vs TOW . . I was saying to me self the lads are a bit strange with the rope and feet an all but the penny drooped today. So its here as instructed and lads its made of serious material well packaged and all the way from the middle of Germany to my Door step for less than £100.

I am really impressed

Im really recommending this lot for saying it as it is and selling well priced kit .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2019 23:29 - 22 Jan 2019 23:31 #201470 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic TOE HITCH

Dirtbird wrote: Ok Lads the TOW Hitch arrived and so did my brain TOE vs TOW . . I was saying to me self the lads are a bit strange with the rope and feet an all but the penny drooped today.

Heheh

Brilliantl reply Dirtbird! I doff my hat to you for taking that so well :woohoo: [smiley thembs up needed here]

I did wonder what you must be thinking when the rope and feet pics came on, cos you didnt say anything.about that :) ;)

Wow that's priced well and to come from Germany too! Does that tow hitch come with the electrics and all?

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 23:31 by Max Headroom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
24 Jan 2019 21:15 #201650 by Dirtbird
No Electrics Max ,will fit and pic tomorrow and post.

More
25 Jan 2019 09:32 - 25 Jan 2019 09:33 #201659 by Max Headroom

GeorgeC wrote: Ahh, now I get it:
Toe = Tow
Break = Brake
Maybe The Forum needs an Irish Spell Cheque!

:laugh::cheer::)

Last edit: 25 Jan 2019 09:33 by Max Headroom.

More
26 Jan 2019 07:55 #201721 by Dirtbird
Creative writing more like.

More
26 Jan 2019 09:52 #201727 by Max Headroom
Heheh - Good answer! :cheer:

More
27 Jan 2019 14:25 #201846 by Dirtbird
Brake lights not working have checked builds. Have checked the switch in the gear box any other typical fault locations lads.......

More
27 Jan 2019 14:53 #201850 by Dirtbird
No problem GeorgeC

More
27 Jan 2019 20:25 #201881 by Dirtbird

Dirtbird wrote: Brake lights not working have checked builds. Have checked the switch in the gearbox any other typical fault locations lads.......

Got the reverse lights sorted lads 10 Amp fuse cooked swapped it out and lights working.

Lads, what would be the easiest way to override this reverse light with a switch so that I have a work light?

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2019 21:00 #201887 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic TOE HITCH
You want a switch, so you can just turn it on, basically?

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds