BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Brand New Suzuki M18A engine for sale

More
10 Dec 2018 06:18 - 10 Dec 2018 10:34 #198826 by sniper
SUZUKI M18A ENGINE FOR SALE 123 bhp & 170nm

This engine was obtained by a chap who rallied a Suzuki Ignis, he then horse traded to buy a Toyota Starlet with the seller I obtained it from.

It is new and has never been fitted to a car, it is dressed with a LIANA sump and ancillaries. Suzuki UK have no trace of the engine number which means it was not supplied in the UK. They can only surmise that it was supplied in either Australia or New Zealand and personally imported.

I planned to fit it to my jimny, with ITB's, standalone ecu and a free flow exhaust, it should be good for 160hp and over 200nm on standard cams.

Following a recent change in my financial circumstances (wife putting her foot down), I can no longer afford to fit the engine and it is for sale.

Internal inspection is welcomed, an endoscope allows access to the ports, bores and crankcase (through the sump plug). These are all in new condition. The sump will not be removed.

I cannot provide any warranty whatsoever and it is up to the buyer, to satisfy themselves, as to condition and suitability for purpose.

This is a very rare thing and I would like to see it fitted in a jimny. To the best of my knowledge, it would be the only M18A equipped jimny in the UK. Certainly the only one with a brand new Suzuki built, zero miles engine.

I am open to a bit of horse trading and have a wish list of parts I would take in part exchange :-
R7ME gearbox and matching transfer box
ITB set up
BFG muds
Omex or ME standalone ecu.
4-2-1 manifold
Front ARB locker

You can't walk in to a dealership and buy one, if you could find one in Australia or New Zealand, to buy it new + shipping and taxes would be many thousands of pounds. I was quoted £2500 just for a 1.8 bottom end, a fully built engine with new components would be over £8000 from a decent builder.

Considering these points, especially that NO WARRANTY is given, the only thing I can do is let you guys set the price, please send offers by private message.

sniper
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 10:34 by sniper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2018 09:28 #198831 by Busta
It's worth mentioning it's VVT too. I'd be interested if it wasn't.

More
10 Dec 2018 10:04 #198835 by sniper
As far as I am aware, it is only available with VVT, the 1.8 was never built with standard cams.

I don't know if the stripped down bottom end would accept a non VVT head, it may well do......

sniper

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Dec 2018 12:10 #198842 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Brand New Suzuki M18A engine for sale
Nice workshop.

More
10 Dec 2018 12:49 - 10 Dec 2018 12:50 #198844 by mlines

mickt wrote: Nice workshop.

Although intrigued by the female anatomy in second picture, perhaps we do not want to know what purpose that serves :)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 12:50 by mlines.

More
10 Dec 2018 13:23 - 10 Dec 2018 15:38 #198846 by Max Headroom

mlines wrote: Although intrigued by the female anatomy in second picture, perhaps we do not want to know what purpose that serves :)

I have one in my workshop too :lol:

However I am willing to risk telling you the purpose she serves :huh:

....How effective she would actually be when I need her the most might never be determined, and indeed I hope I never find out. However I have noticed that she certainly performs well whenever I have visitors...
I have noticed that my wife, who regularly pops out to my workshop with cups of tea for me, also dislikes her intensely.

For any potential scrote that decides they want to own the contents of my workshop more than I do, and has managed to defeat two alarms, or if in the unlikely event that the alarms have failed, she serves the purpose of unsettling the scrote in the hope that they are unnerved enough to leave more quickly.

I'm used to her now, but after I first placed her in the workshop I can tell you that walking in and unexpectedly finding a realistic person standing there staring at me made me jump. My wife is caught out almost every time :evil:

She's my psychological scrote deterrent (the mannequin; not my wife!) :cheer:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 15:38 by Max Headroom.

More
10 Dec 2018 15:13 #198848 by jackonlyjack
Matey i have R7ME box + transfer and props
also have 4-2-1-manifold
but mines none vvt lol

More
10 Dec 2018 15:34 - 10 Dec 2018 15:53 #198849 by sniper
I'm already in debt to the tune of a wing mirror to you jack, you could always let me have the box and bits on the same basis........

Think of a price jack, if they don't get px'd to me, I'll need to buy them.

sniper

(you could always fit it with a standalone ecu mate, you can run it in any car for a few hundred quid)
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 15:53 by sniper.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
10 Dec 2018 18:29 #198854 by Riccy
ooooo soooo tempting :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
11 Dec 2018 20:20 #198875 by sniper
There are a few offers in, if your interested, make an offer, it looks like it will be gone by the end of the week......

sniper

More
12 Dec 2018 10:46 #198884 by sniper
SOLD SOLD SOLD

A deal has been agreed, thankfully somebody from the forum. This, I hope, will mean that we all get to see the engine fitted.

Thanks for the interest and a donation will be made to the forum.

sniper

• Shinee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 May 2021 04:44 #235133 by Shinee
Replied by Shinee on topic Brand New Suzuki M18A engine for sale
Hello,
Can you send me a quote for the engine Suzuki M18A with delivery cost? Shipping address: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds