BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Testing the Waters/Advice needed on the sale of my 2001 Jim

• M19CHG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Feb 2018 09:24 #189640 by M19CHG
Sadly its pretty much time to part ways with the Jim, its been my trust stead for the last 2.5 years but its time to get something a little more practical!

Just testing the waters really, as i dont have a clue what its worth!! Ebay seems to shock me everyday with how much some of these fetch!!

Its has just shy of 89K on the clock, has quite a lot of paper work (sadly previous owner lost service book :@) so i have just tried to keep all receipts for work i have carried out! I use this car every day for my commute to work and it has never missed a beat, between services i NEVER have to put oil or water in it, the engine is like a sewing machine! All 4x4 works as it should! The clutch was done a couple of thousand miles ago, i had the under side schultz'd (however you spell it) not long after i had it, there are no signs of any rot setting it, boot floor is SOLID, MOT valid until 01/09/18.

She is no pavement princess, she does have the odd scratch on her, there is a scratch on the front arch where my Mrs (probs the only time she has ever drove it in the time i have owned it) caught it on our garden wall :@ and there looks like some sort of supermarket car park scratch down the drivers side. The interior is fairly tidy for its age and considering the previous owner used it on his Farm, it has stood the test of time! The roof liner has a few marks on it, nothing a good cleaner wouldnt sort, but i cba as it has never bothered me!

So really, i would like some input on what it may be worth?

Thanks
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2018 13:46 #189879 by Basketcase
Has it got any lift of is it all standard just with the extra snorkel? Looks nice but likely be out of my price range

• bowji john
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Mar 2018 15:00 #189921 by bowji john
Difficult to say

However I just bought a 2001 with 52000 miles on clock

No rust

Standard vehicle for £1300

so I would imagine if it is a rust free example then a fair price might be a little south of that coz of the mileage

• M19CHG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2018 12:34 #190068 by M19CHG
After coming to my senses, the Jimny is staying, I have no real reason to sell it and thank god I kept while we had this snow! This thread can be removed if anyone can do it :)

• eyestwice
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2018 15:01 #190083 by eyestwice
If you do ever change your mind, gimme a shout...

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds