BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Private message notice should be enabled

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2018 17:02 #193671 by OlaGB
Hi

Ive sendt and got some PM`s , but why isnt there a notice about a new message without enabling email notification manually?
Shouldnt that be enabled for all, or maybe have a message on the front page when theres a new message?

Alot of people dont seem to read PM`s for a long time due to this, me included (until i set it to email me).
Before i enabled it, i could only see if there was new PM`s byt checking manually on my settings menu / inbox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2018 17:11 #193673 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Private message notice should be enabled
Don't worry Ola.

I've seen you've sent me a pm. Just haven't gotten the time to answer yet. Will do later today :)

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2018 17:46 #193677 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Private message notice should be enabled
Hehe no problems.. But you are just one of many.. And most say they havent seen there was a new message, so it would be a good thing to fix, to improve the forum..

More
18 Jul 2018 20:53 - 18 Jul 2018 21:18 #194426 by mlines
I have turned this facility on, however be aware that "pop-up blockers" will disable it.

Also it was turned on a long time ago and some people reported it as being annoying

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 21:18 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OlaGB

More
14 Nov 2018 08:14 - 14 Nov 2018 08:51 #197651 by Max Headroom
Sorry to resurrect an oldish thread, but I've never received any such pop-up window in BigJimny giving notification of a PM and as a result have recently missed some PMs.

The following info will only be helpful to anyone using Mozilla Firefox

As I use Mozilla Firefox, I went through all my settings and found that everything seemed blocked by default (the only site that wasn't is my old SAAB forum where I'm still a moderator and where I do receive pop-up notifications when I'm PM'd

For anyone using Mozilla Firefox and wanting to get these notifications check your settings in Firefox by...
opening Firefox Options.
In the left side menu open Privacy & Security, then scroll down to find Permissions - Here you may find you have a tick in the box that says "Block pop-up windows" leave the tick there, but look to the right where it says "Exceptions" and open that box, type in www.bigjimny.com then click on "Allow" and then at the bottom "Save Changes" - hopefully that should fix it.

I've yet to prove this actually works, but as the only other "allowed site" is the SAAB TechTalk forum where I do receive notifications , the chances are it will.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 14 Nov 2018 08:51 by Max Headroom.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds